460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of putting my car on the dyno over labor day weekend. The motor is a .030 460 with trw2443 pistons, c9 heads ported with 2.25 intake 1.76 exhaust, .292 .631 solid roller, roller rockers, victor intake with a 1050 dommy on it. The converter is a 3500 in a c6 trans with a ford 9in with 3.70 gears. This is in my 85 fox. Im wanting to get 500hp to the tire. Will this make it? Thanks

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Sounds like it should, all depends on your state of tune.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Just don't be too dis-appointed if it doesn't, what matters is are you happy with the way it performs?

·
Registered
43 Posts
That combo should do 500hp easy.
It's all down to how well it's built.
Run it in proper though, then good tune.
you will be laughn' when it pops the fronts up
in a fox body!

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Thinking of putting my car on the dyno over labor day weekend. The motor is a .030 460 with trw2443 pistons, c9 heads ported with 2.25 intake 1.76 exhaust, .292 .631 solid roller, roller rockers, victor intake with a 1050 dommy on it. The converter is a 3500 in a c6 trans with a ford 9in with 3.70 gears. This is in my 85 fox. Im wanting to get 500hp to the tire. Will this make it? Thanks
If you're looking for a number, then yes, it is going to be a disappointment.

The purpose of the dyno is to give you a baseline, and then by tuning, you can see how much you gain. Correction factors, what gear you're in, and a host of other variables can put your RWHP all over the map. If you view it like that, then you won't be disappointed, but happy at the gains you made.

Hope that helps,

Dave

·
Super Moderator
5,001 Posts
If you're looking for a number, then yes, it is going to be a disappointment.

The purpose of the dyno is to give you a baseline, and then by tuning, you can see how much you gain. Correction factors, what gear you're in, and a host of other variables can put your RWHP all over the map. If you view it like that, then you won't be disappointed, but happy at the gains you made.

Hope that helps,

Dave
X2 ...A dyno is a tuning tool. Nothing else. Just a point of reference. Same as going down the track and making changes to see if you get any faster. All dyno's will register different numbers. Don't look at the numbers as an absolute. Just try to make the numbers larger each time you make a pull.

With that being said. You aren't going to be disappointed when you drop the brake and stomp the go pedal at the tree. You will be all grins then!! That I guarantee.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts