460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put some chebbies on the trailer saturday night and won the July 4th Super Pro race. Ran against a chebbie powered dragster in the final! Had all kinds of problems with the tranny during the week and almost didn't go, but that is another story for another time!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Dang, I was there Thursday and Friday night, couldn't make it Saturday. Were you running the TnT on those days? What car were you?

Let me know when you go there next time, I'll stop by and say hey.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Congrats Russ

I stayed just long enough to watch your finals run Russ. Congrats. I really wished it would have been you and the other mustang in the finals. Would have been 2 BBF cars racing each other, but he got screwed by the guy running the dragster so I was so happy you drilled his eyes out on the lights! We finally got our car dialed in after the 7.00 eliminations so we should be ready this weekend we are heading to Steele this Saturday to run the heads-up classes down there. You should head down and run 6.00 flat.

later,
Doug Benton

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I stayed just long enough to watch your finals run Russ. Congrats. I really wished it would have been you and the other mustang in the finals. Would have been 2 BBF cars racing each other, but he got screwed by the guy running the dragster so I was so happy you drilled his eyes out on the lights! We finally got our car dialed in after the 7.00 eliminations so we should be ready this weekend we are heading to Steele this Saturday to run the heads-up classes down there. You should head down and run 6.00 flat.

later,
Doug Benton

Thanks Doug,

I didn't understand why I had to run him, but oh well my car ran well all night, with a tranny that has been setting under the bench covered up for 5 years!

I can't make Steele, but good luck and I will see you the first weekend in August at Brainerd.

Russ Hood

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dang, I was there Thursday and Friday night, couldn't make it Saturday. Were you running the TnT on those days? What car were you?

Let me know when you go there next time, I'll stop by and say hey.
No I was just there on saturday. I had planned to be there on thurs and friday but had tranny issues and showed up sat and ran Super Pro. I have a primered 77 Mustang II.

Attachments

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the kudos guys! I wished I had been able to bring my car to the Bash but the tranny gave me fits. I still remember your car Bruno it is sharp! Blake Cartwright also had a bad ride as many did at the bash, can't wait til next year,

The blue 90 Mustang at the Bash that is owned and driven by Larry Turner also made it to the semi's in 6.0.

Russ Hood

·
Registered
440 Posts
Hey Russ, Doug and Matt (Moodyblues, Cobrakid8, and Wikdlx):

We should get together next time we are all going to Brainerd. I live not twenty minutes from there, so I go there a lot, but you guys probably go there only a few times. Announce or PM me and the others when you might go again and we can meet up. Heck, if you need another hand in the pits, let me know, I'm your huckleberry!

·
Registered
330 Posts
will so mguy

Hey mguy will be more than happy to let you know the next time we will be at Brainerd. I live about 10-15 minutes from the track so I am there alot even when we do not have the car. We always run the heads-up stuff so when it is there we should be there. You cannot miss our car. It is a 93 Mustang LX that is white(about 5 different shades) and red on quite a bit of the car after hitting the wall last year.

later,
Doug Benton

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hey Russ, Doug and Matt (Moodyblues, Cobrakid8, and Wikdlx):

We should get together next time we are all going to Brainerd. I live not twenty minutes from there, so I go there a lot, but you guys probably go there only a few times. Announce or PM me and the others when you might go again and we can meet up. Heck, if you need another hand in the pits, let me know, I'm your huckleberry!

we have a place in Soddy Daisy and go there every few weeks. havent done much racing this year, only a little for the car I drive for another guy

1 - 19 of 19 Posts