460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't stand it. It just kept bothering me that I didn't have a windage tray, so I finally built one. Don't know if it will make much difference, but I feel better anyway. The screen is the teflon coated stuff from Stef's. Good stuff and easy to work with.

[/img]

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Yep, very nice work!

It does look like they are sheet metal screws, and if they are, they will come out of there. I'd highly recommend replacing them with appropriate size button head (machine thread) screws and then use nyloc nuts on the other side, along with red Loc-Tite.

Hope this helps,

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the compliments guys. I knew I should have posted this at build time, but I was in a hurry. Motor is in and been to the track once already. They are sheet metal with red loctite. I can't imagine them backing out as hard as they were to get in. I drilled the hole 1/32 smaller than recommended for a tight fit. Several broke off before getting tight. If one does come out I really think it will go to the bottom of the pan. The front sump pan is so tight the screen can't unwrap even if it was loose.
However, I will take your advice and swap in machine screws and lock nuts next time the motor is out. :wink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts