460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Windy is having a 2 day race this weekend. Saturday is regular program plus fast street cars ,sunday is Jim Lester Memorial race(my old running mate) Hope to see you there!! :wink:

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep D ,that's him. The one in the pic in my trailer. I've been trying to win that race every year since he pasted away. His son was the one helping us at the Bash. I'm taking the Mustang . :lol:

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just hope we don't work through the weekend,I think they must have a copy of my racing schedule and just try to mess it up :roll: Come saturday if can Ky ,i'm aiming to win sunday for sure :lol:

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just got back from the races.I made it 8 cars .Hey D , I just can't win this race!! Perrin was there and got to 8 cars too,we both went out in the 5th round. I got a problem guys...the old Mustang is surging in high gear..At 1st I thought maybe it was the fuel pump, but after thinking about it, if it was the fuel pump on alky ,I'd think it pop from leaning out, so now I'm leaning towards the convertor, it's acting funny in the burnout and when it hits high gear it feels like it binding up or I'm hitting the brake .i changed plugs this morning and it went 6.41 then 6.37 6.39 ,6.38 ,6.40 and then 6.38 killing 5 mph..One reason I think it maybe the convertor the MPH at WOT was from 104 to 107, this car is usually dead nuts on. Any ideas????

1 - 7 of 7 Posts