1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
125 Posts
Putting the 502 in and dropping the SCJ's of to Charlie for a valve job next week. Maybeeeeee going full roller on the C6 when the tax man pays up. :wink:

·
Registered
862 Posts
We might be needing a new motor!! Or at least a new bottom end :cry:
Went to our track rental and don't like what the oil pressure was doing! May be nothing but we are going to inspest the oil and probably cut the filter to see if there is any material in there.Got our fingers crossed though :lol: I did manage to tie my previous best 60ft time but that was about it. 1.29 with the back tires isn't too bad!! The wind was really blowing in Orlando and didn't look like we could even run at first. Wind coming across the track made it kinda fun!!

Keith

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BB94STANG said:
Putting the 502 in and dropping the SCJ's of to Charlie for a valve job next week. Maybeeeeee going full roller on the C6 when the tax man pays up. :wink:
Brandon,

Talk to Mike at the Seminar :wink:

Feetie,

I'll be happy if the car runs the exact same ET :mrgreen: My upgrade is a stronger more reliable transmission to help prevent early exits due to equipment failure :idea:

Keith,

That really blows! Did you guys spray it?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
862 Posts
No spray. We were tuning on the new carb and were trying to squeeze out what we could on motor first and then the oil pressure dropped. Normally, the oil pressure sits right at 75psi. After 5 passes, it only came up to 50psi and when I would stab the throttle, it barely moved and has never acted like that before. Hopefully its nothing because we can't afford to come up to the tech seminar AND christmas shop for a new motor!!!
Should know tommorrow whats going on.

I could always ask the wife if I could sell some *** over the winter :lol: :lol:

Keith

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
New TFS street headed 14.1, 557 going on the dyno next weekend. had to retire the D2ve boat anchors off the 514, I am freshening it' as we speak and have a set of cast Door-e's going on it that flow 378.5 at .850 lift 206 at .750 lift . I will probably run it in the car first and see if I can get it in the high 5"s in the 1/8th mile.

Then pull it out and put in the 557 if it comes back from the dyno in one piece :lol:

I am carrying a corn scoop and a bushell basket with me just in case :shock:

Blake

·
Registered
862 Posts
When you have Bill install your anti-roll, have him take a look. He is the one who fine tuned ours. The last pass, it carried the front tires about 80ft. down the track 2ft. off the ground and rode out real nice. Good news is that Pappa Bear fired up the car to check the oil pressure and it seemed fine but still going to inspect everything if for nothing else, peice of mind. Its going to take alot more than that to keep me from racing that slow two speed of yours!!! :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted:

Keith

D

·
0 Posts
Phantasea466 said:
dfree383 said:
You'll know this April......... :lol:
Here we go again...... LET'S GET IT ON! :p

You never know, I may have a few tricks up my sleeve :mrgreen:
Your gonna be hiding in your Man Cave, trembling in fear !!!! :lol:

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
exhaust...

I'm going to cobble together an exhaust system. If I can ever finish with this shop, I want to try a solid flat tappet cam. I just spent 1300 bucks to wire my shop. Maybe putting it 600 feet in the woods wasn't the brightest move I've made in my time. The direct burial type cable cost me 800 bucks by itself. :shock: :shock:

·
Registered
708 Posts
Losing weight off my fat *** is the biggest improvement I'm planning. Oughtta be at least a tenth in that alone. :shock:

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
new body for my puller
new Ahead 533
pro fab transfercase
2.5ton rear
new fuel system
pretty much rebuilding the truck once again

my dads puller
new 472 in the works
and complete differt running gear

o yea and try to loss some lbs so i can hang more weight out front

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Re: Winter Upgrades or changes - What are you doing to impro

Phantasea466 said:
Big D says I need to get this board fired up, it's TOO slow........ :lol:

So what are your winter upgrades, changes or improvements?

I'll be installing an Aftermarket 2 speed with JW bell, JW case etc........

Well I don't have pics yet but I will be upgrading from the PG above to a new Coan PG built to handle my hemi motor that hopefully will be together before the end of this decade.. :roll:

1 - 20 of 85 Posts