460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so the story goes I had a big block 86 Coupe I along with my best friend Casey (8liter here) put a lot of work into. I was frustrated with the car after some things didnt go my way and against Casey's advice traded it for a 90 GT. I ended up getting a car that was cobbled together, needed quite a bit of work and still is not finished. The good news is the car should be out of the shop and back in my position in early July. NOW.. I haev been without a running driving car for about a year now. I am going through withdrawls. Hindsight being what it is I should have never traded the big block car. I REALLY want to get back into a big block car again. I dont plan on trading the GT because it will be a good solid driver once I get it back but GAWD I NEED A BIG BLOCK CAR AGAIN!!!

I think I am going to try and find a light crash 05+ V6 car. As long as the frame isnt bent I can replace all the front sheetmetal. Do a Mini tubbed, Big block carbed 05+, I think it would be pretty sweet.

S

·
0 Posts
What I've learned is anything is possible.. It only takes Money..

That interior is full of electronics..

This is my wife's 5.0 when I brought it from the auction. It had less then 50K miles.. I paid $2000.00 for it.

When it was finished.. It cost another $1500 so a total of $3500 for a car with a 5.0....

I did some of the work myself.. The deal here is the car didn't look that bad when I got it.. You will be susprized at the cost of some stuff.. I was.. Don't get me wrong it's a nice car.. I've added the pony's on the side fender so it looks like a 6cly and added lower "Mustang" side stripes since that picture.

Laters!

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am currently working on getting myself out from under credit card debt. Hopefully that will be taken care of this year. THIS TIME NEXT YEAR AT THE LATEST!!! Then I'll buy a truck of some type for hauling / towing the car and start on my car project then. I just hate spending all of my extra cash on these damn credit card bills now when I need to be spending it on toys.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts