460 Ford Forum banner

Won 2 times this weekend

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  89lxcoupe 
#1 ·
So we went to the track this weekend to start off the year, Got up there Friday night to help my brother but he was all set for I took my car out of the trailer.

Signed up for King Of The Hill and anyone can run bikes Top Mod and my car Street class car.

I had to race 4 Mod cars 3 out of 4 of them using the button.
1st round had a bad light but ran right on 2nd round I got a .011 light and pushed the other driver out, 3rd round the other guy was all over the place I dumped it way early.
4 round I raced my brother and it was a good race.
I ran a 12.253 on a 12.25 dial with a .020 light he ran a 12.121 on a 12.09 with a .006 light
Then we drove home together :)

Sunday was a points day and the air was all over the place but got it done.

1st round I dialed a 12.18 ran a 12.191 with a .011 light
2nd round bye run
3rd round other driver went RED
4 round I ran a 12.36 or a 12.32 dial off the gas the other driver fell off bad
5 Final the other driver went red .002 so I just hit the tree hard and went red too keep them guessing. AND WE WON 2 dam times in one weekend and have a 22 point lead the 1st race of the year :)

What so great about this is the last 2 seasons I have never got out of 2nd round until around June or July but then I just get on fire for the last part of the year, and still finished 3rd and 4th.

So I just hope I can keep this going I'm not used to doing so good and the cool part is I'm still running a old hurt junk yard 460.

Now time to get ready for Pinks All Out

See less See more
#2 ·
Hey congrats, good job :D You foot brake ,right? How do cut them good lights. I'm a novice at this and just wondering how to cut them. I try to leave off the amber just before the green but inconsistent :mad: :rolleyes:

Advice please, tell me your secret :confused:

#5 ·
is your car the one that was on you tube running 12.20's @ 109.00 when it was primer'd grey !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.