460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I went to Doniphan, Mo to the truck pull last night and did great.
In the 5800lb class I was the 6th truck to pull and one had already made it out, the truck made a couple of sideways moves but stayed between the lines to be the second truck out the gate. We ended up having 6 trucks in the pull off so I moved one weight up to the cab off the back and ended up with a pull of 219.24 and the last truck of the class went out to 232.?? I ended up in 4th out of 10 so I was happy.

My father-in-law was there so we started talking about the heavy class(6200) He thought I should leave the truck at 5800 and trade a the weight out of the cab with a smaller one on the front. After we argued about it for a while he convinced me to try it. One truck made it out the gate before I got out there so I knew what I had to do. The truck went hard and straight out the gate so I pulled off to the side to cool the truck off. Didn't make any changes and had 5 in the pull off but 1 broke so I was first. Made a pass of 215.32 and set back and watched when it was all over I was still in first, and still 400lbs light:eek::eek:

So I'm a rather happy camper today.:D

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Congrats, sounds like you were destined to win...

Doug...:cool:

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Good on you man. I know sometimes being light is more beneficial than people think with an entry level truck. I do know that i'd have a lot of trouble taking advice from my father in law. :D

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good on you man. I know sometimes being light is more beneficial than people think with an entry level truck. I do know that i'd have a lot of trouble taking advice from my father in law. :D
Well it took a little convincing, but he's been doing it for 20+ yrs:D He started out pulling his 4x4 and his brothers 2wd. Then they owned the sled for 10yrs before selling it 2yrs ago, so I figured I'd listen. (Just this once anyway):D I've got another pull thursday night with the Busch sled so we'll see how that goes. Changing the truck up over the winter has really thrown a wrench in the way I used to set the truck up. But it did seem to like the slower gear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts