460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else seen this movie.One of the best movies ive seen in a while.Great story about a great racer Burt Munroe.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
It was a great movie... Actually very funny throughout most of the movie...

Doug... 8)

·
Banned
2,451 Posts
Awsome Movie !!!

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Very good movie and also some very funny scenes and based on a true story.My mom watched it and also said it was a good movie.

Later Mark.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
res0rli9 said:
have not heard of that one, is new,old, on DVD or what??

Keith
Re: Landspeed record at Bonneville on an Indian Motorcycle. Very good movie some very funny stuff. If you're a gearhead you'll love it. More than likely since you post here you are more than likely a gearhead, so I'll say " you'll love it"

Watch it and let us know what you think.

G-Code

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
G-Code! YEA Im a gear Head, been raceing fords from back in the early 60s, and all forms of bike raceing, so I gess I better go get it tomarow, oh and like boats to, and yours is a fine one.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I did a little research on Mr Munroe.Yes his land speed record for streamlined motorcycles under 1000 cc still stands...from 1967 with a 1920 Indian!!!Says he ground his connecting rods out of an old Ford truck axle,took 5 mos to make them but they lasted over 20 years.Used old cast iron sewer pipe for cylinders because it was seasoned.This guy was amazing.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I have a friend in New Zealand who has told me this guys story. When they made the movie they rebuild his old shed to make it authentic. He is a Nat. hero down below. I geuss he was quit the man with the ladys. :lol:

·
Registered
560 Posts
Yes, it's prolly one of the best films I've ever seen, great story, what makes it even better is it's true. Every gearhead would absolutely love this flick.
I love the scenes of him casting his own pistons! :shock:

·
Banned
2,451 Posts
Heres a picture of the actual bike.

·
Registered
232 Posts
My gf got it for me for christmas. I had mentioned it to her a few months back. I had no Idea that Anthony Hopkins played Mr. Munroe! Watched it last night and after work again today. I love the sound of that bike as he blew by the gang on the beach. Classic gearhead movie.

-Jared

1 - 20 of 21 Posts