460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been pondering the sale of my 63 boxtop galaxie as a ROLLER (no engine and trans) and am not sure what would be a rough asking price for these items, i got to thinking the more money i put into it to go faster i could just start with something else, i was looking at a alter set up that i could put my 557 in. Here is what the car has

-1963 boxtop galaxie set up for 460 and c-6
-8 pt roll cage
-9" ford with 3.89 gears with 28 spline dutchman axles and a detroit locker, new brakes and hardware
-new 7 leaf heavy duty springs with new bushings and caltracs installed
-competition engineering shocks
-10 gal fuel cell in the trunk with trunk mounted battery and master kill switch
- 15x10 pro-star rear wheels with 315/60/15 drag radials and 15x4 pro-stars up front with 29 x 4.5 tires
- 71 torino spindles with single piston disk and dual resivior master cylinder
-new bushings and ball-joints with new station wagon with a/c springs
-crites fiberglass fenders, inner fenders, core support, teardrop hood, bumpers, bumper brakets and deck lid
-interior has 2 high back bucket race seats, and thats it, has new carpet and radio and heater delete panels are installed
-crites headers 2" primarys with 3.5 collectors ( since it was set up for a 460) and 3.5" stainless exhaust with x-pipe going to straight through dynomax mufflers with turn downs before the axle would come with it also

the pictures show my other back wheels but those are pro-stars now

like i said i'm putting some feelers out to see what it might bring, thanks for your guy's input once i do/if i decide to put it up there would be detailed pictures of all also

rick
sorry for the double post

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Listen bud,

i dont wanna insult you with the worth of that old "clunker".....bu tto save YOU the time and aggravation of "trying" to sell this old heap. I will suck up my pride and haul it away for 100.00 for YOU! I know I am being generous, but I like you and feel its the right thing to do!

So just let me know when you want me to do YOU this FAVOR, and I will hurry over cash in hand!

Respectfully your bud
Frank

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Why would you want to sell that??...Your car is bad ***, and the thing that makes people like it is because it is unique!!

Sure you could go faster with a cookie-cutter Foxbody...but your car has class!!

I could go faster with a Fox or some other small car, but I stick with my car because nobody else runs one like mine at the track!!

I like to race something that stands out from the common cars out there.

A big Galaxie running 10's or better is a rare sight for sure.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Why would you want to sell that??...Your car is bad ***, and the thing that makes people like it is because it is unique!!

Sure you could go faster with a cookie-cutter Foxbody...but your car has class!!

I could go faster with a Fox or some other small car, but I stick with my car because nobody else runs one like mine at the track!!

I like to race something that stands out from the common cars out there.

A big Galaxie running 10's or better is a rare sight for sure.

I agree. I took my white Mustang to Fun Ford Weekend, and Ellen kept filming the wrong cars. It seemed like there were a dozen white coupes. :eek:

·
Registered
379 Posts
That is a sweet galaxie but an altered would also be very bad ***...tough choice

1 - 10 of 10 Posts