460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would really like to trade for the one I am looking for. instead selling it out right because I cant seem to find one. I know they used to make them. because they use them in the 521 crate motor. If I find one then I will put a price on this one.

·
0 Posts
looking for crank

what is the make and part number your looking for ? sounds like its a Ford crank.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
You do know a Ford 4.3 cast crank with 2.5 rod journals costs a lot more than 4.3 stroke 2.2 rod journal cast crank. :roll: You can buy the Ford crank thru Ford Motorsport. Lem Evans can probably get you a good price.

·
0 Posts
ford crank

thats why i asked. Ford crank cost 3 times what a Eagle cost i happen to have a new one, so not that hard to find

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
when I bought this one they said eagle offered this with a 2.2 pin or a 2.5 pin and I made a misstake and got a 2.2 pin instead of a 2.5 pin. they were both the same price. and that was 6 months ago .
if you bought one from ford motor sports then yes it cost ( three times more ) I am not fussy as to what brand it is as long as it is round (journal wise ) and straight. I will make the rest work.

·
Premium Member
5,551 Posts
Dale,

We have a few. I thought I'd let you know before you offer yours for sale. BUT I need to check supplier inventory / our access to more of them before I consider negotiating a trade with you.

The 4.3 2.5 rod crank is on the left, oem 460 crank on the right. These stroker cranks are all brand new and still in the boxes (see behind the crank in the photo).

Basically, I need two of these for myself and so I just need to make sure I can get more before I know whether I can help you out. I don't mean to yank your chain...just letting you know before you sell of your crank w/o getting what you need. If I have one available, then we'll negotiate. I need until the middle of next week to find out if my source has more for us.

Paul

·
Premium Member
5,551 Posts
bigblocktisdale said:
I have a trade pending. thanks for looking paul. I will let you know what happens
No problem at all. If anything changes, let me know and I'll see if I can help. I will still be inquiring about more of these cranks due to some of the custom strokes I have brewing.

Paul

1 - 11 of 11 Posts