460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just ordered a eagle 4.5 crank. .663-.680 solid roller.286-290 dur..victor intake..worked dove heads..2.19-1.73 valves..950 quick fuel carb..2 inch headers..c6 tranny..3800 converter..3.50 gears..in a 67 falcon...had to go back to the old plans...same heads..cam..etc..just 460 ci..

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hotrodmerc said:
What is the race weight of the car??
dont know...its a gutted 1967 falcon..i would say with a motor in it and my fat ***..3300

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hotrodmerc said:
A 3300 lb car will need at least 500 flywheel HP to get into the 10's. You should be at least in the low 11's with your combo.
if that combo did not make 500 hp i will go back to a skinny block...lol..

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i went ahead and tore the motor down and sent the crank off to the machine shop..i also bought a .640 solid roller cam and lifters and some stud girdles..im going to go ahead and rub on the heads some more , plus i ordered some h-beam rods and i will order pistons tonight..probably a set of probes or Keith black forged which should give me 11-1/2 -12 compression

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hotrodmerc said:
I thought you were going with 13.5 compression???
i might ..i have not bought pistons, but i kinda what to drive it a tad..like a weekend street bruiser....and the cam is 663 intake 680 ex 286 int dur 290 ex dur 2500-6800 rpm

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hotrodmerc said:
How far of a drive are we talking here?
i live in town..but the track is 35 miles one way...i would like to make the drive

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hotrodmerc said:
That's not to bad a drive. I don't like the extra wear on the engine.
i dont mean every week end..just 1-3 times a year..other times it will be trailered..but i will putt around town..i just ordered a eagle 4.5 crank, and i have to pick up a D9 block this weekend..since they have longer bores..mostly i want to prove a point to these dam chevy jerks around here..they think they call their cars street cars cause they drive 5 miles to the track and run 10;s...there is around 8 ..9-10 sec cars that drive to the midnights each week..all but 1 live within 10 miles...one lives 30 or so miles and runs like 9.0's but he has a bottom less pocket book..i have to order new springs for my heads...and new push rods..(3/8)

·
Registered
816 Posts
That setup is close to a silver mustang that was for sale on here. 521 ported doves, little smaller cam 3.73, 3200 with driver. It would go 10.30s all day.

·
Registered
95 Posts
nice motor, if it didn't work maybe the only things i would change would be to 1050 dominator and 2 1/4 primary tuned headers, ford heads need all the help they can get on the exhaust side running up to 7000 rpm

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
blueblood said:
nice motor, if it didn't work maybe the only things i would change would be to 1050 dominator and 2 1/4 primary tuned headers, ford heads need all the help they can get on the exhaust side running up to 7000 rpm
really do not want to crank it 7000...im thinking 6500 ....headers are from crites..im not sure if i could get a bigger headers in the car without some major changes to the frame-steering box..im working on the dominator part...

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
1967falconman said:
blueblood said:
really do not want to crank it 7000...im thinking 6500 ....headers are from crites..im not sure if i could get a bigger headers in the car without some major changes to the frame-steering box..im working on the dominator part...
I have a cam 1 step up from this in my 501 CI, and it peaks at 6100........so i would say yours should peak 6000 or less with the bigger cubes and smaller cam

·
Registered
109 Posts
have a 1980 fairmont futura,521 ford crate motor,comp292 roller,pro systems 1050,10 inch quick time 389 gear (which is probably to low for my tires. The best is 10.69 @ 126 mph, 3380 pounds and street drive and express driven driven short distances 25-30 with no problems

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i had to go back to my orginal motor ..end up selling my stroker stuff...so the 460 will have to do for now..worked dove heads..680 roller cam..victor intake..950 carb...and a totaly gutted falcon..junked at least 500 pounds of crap...heavy window regualtors..fron and back..they act as the side impact meab on those cars..like 1/4 plate steel..redid it all in alunmin..same motor ..same cam,intKE..ETC IN THIS CAR WENT 11.70, by the previous owner..and had only taken it out 1 time..so it was untuned as it comes..but i would be happy with a 12.00 being that the lower end is stock from a 73 ford truck

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Falcon, I don't know what the diff. in wt. would be between a 87 fox body and your falcon But, My brother has a very low racecar budget,he traded for a foxbody stripped it ,put in a cage,fiberglass hood,and ladder barred it,everything else is steel. 466 flat tops(ford cast) unbalanced, too much cam (640 lift hyd.),C6,2800 converter,DoveC heads (bone Stock) stealth intake w/780 holley. First pass it went 12.05, set timing and rejetted 2nd pass went 11.91 and were going again to tnt Friday night and see if we cant get a 11.50 out of it.So you should be able to make a good little bracket car w/the Falcon. LOL Rick

1 - 20 of 21 Posts