460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you should spend a little more time looking at what you can do to a HUDSON motor. I know I would walk right past a 390 insert to look at a real power plant. I would bet that to build up a big block would be close $$ to doing up a sweat 308 and at the end of the day you would have somthing!!

Paul

What a re-re.....wow. I was perusing the idea of selling my running 262c.i flatty out of my 49' Hudson super six when this "purist" happened along with THIS!......first I fell out of my chair laughing. I know all about brand loyalty but this guy is trying to convince me a built 308 cubic inch flathead six with twin one barrel carbs, 7.5:1 compression, and reground crank and cam would compete with my ol' 390......wait, not MY 390, the 390 I had mentioned building was stroked 445c.i. with all the go fast goodies. What gall.......

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
What a clown!!

I am always surprised how little HP the old flatties make. You hear all the time about the old hot rods but when they build flattie V8s now, they are doing good to make 300HP with a blower.

The old Hudsons were fast for their time, but a more modern engine has got to make a bunch more power.

I guess since a 1975 Hudson V8 big block is kinda rare, you are going to have to use something else!!:rolleyes:

Bill

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What a clown!!

I am always surprised how little HP the old flatties make. You hear all the time about the old hot rods but when they build flattie V8s now, they are doing good to make 300HP with a blower.

The old Hudsons were fast for their time, but a more modern engine has got to make a bunch more power.

I guess since a 1975 Hudson V8 big block is kinda rare, you are going to have to use something else!!:rolleyes:

Bill
yea, I guess I will!.......I'll stick with my ancient, outdated dinosaur fe!.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts