460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to but 12point crowsfoot. I need 7/16th and 1/2 so that I can torque my 18 bolt A460 heads. Let me know what ya got thx.

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
I'm looking to but 12point crowsfoot. I need 7/16th and 1/2 so that I can torque my 18 bolt A460 heads. Let me know what ya got thx.
i made one , welded a 3/8 socket to a box wench,and wa la, works perfect,

-rich

·
Registered
739 Posts
For what it's worth, I bought a "special wrench" from the Snap On dealer for torquing the splayed 12 point bolts on my four bolt caps. Mine is a 1/2" 12 point box on one end and 3/8" square drive on the other, and measures overall 2 1/2 " long. I believe they are available in 1/4", 3/8", and 1/2" drive. The part # is FRDH16T, but I can't get it to reference on the Snap On website. I was told by the local Snap On guy that these were designed for use in the aviation industry. The one I bought worked great for my four bolt caps, and I'm certain that they would be perfect for torquing those bolts on your heads. Check with your local Snap On guy, I'm sure that he can help you out - or you can make one up as was suggested earlier.
I just found the item/s it's called a torque adapter - comes in several sizes, the one I have is #FRDH161. Do an on line search for snap on torque adapters.

Wayne (SAWDOFF) Pearce

1 - 3 of 3 Posts