460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Is this for a c-6?
What kind of power is your motor making and how heavy is the vehicle?

the current engine is around 400 hp. the vehicle weight is around 6500 lbs. it is a 78 bronco with a gvrw of 6100 lbs with a 60 front and 70 rear added and some frame beefing. havent actually weighed it yet. mainly used for deep mud bogging with 39.5 boggers and 456 gears. thanks alot, kyle.
tranny is c-6

·
Registered
790 Posts
Kyle,
I think a lot of people do this, but the gvrw is not what your truck weighs, it is the most your truck can weigh fully loaded. Your Bronco weighs considerably less than 6100lbs. I would guess around 4600-4800.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kyle,
I think a lot of people do this, but the gvrw is not what your truck weighs, it is the most your truck can weigh fully loaded. Your Bronco weighs considerably less than 6100lbs. I would guess around 4600-4800.
i was not aware of that, thank you? i was wondering how the george truck was only 6000lbs and had about the same amount of work as mine. i should be around 5000-5500 then.

·
Registered
50 Posts
converter

If you are not against e-mailing a place called BDR, then give this a try, BDR converters out of seneca N.Y. the owners name is Brian and he builds them at his shop at home and has been raceing for some 30yrs, I just bought one from him and its great, give him a try [email protected] His prices are very good as is the converters Tell him Tom from Oklahoma told ya. G/L

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you are not against e-mailing a place called BDR, then give this a try, BDR converters out of seneca N.Y. the owners name is Brian and he builds them at his shop at home and has been raceing for some 30yrs, I just bought one from him and its great, give him a try [email protected] His prices are very good as is the converters Tell him Tom from Oklahoma told ya. G/L
ok,thank you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts