460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says i'm needing a 2bbl clever (351w with Cleveland heads) intake manifold. Lol don't ask why.

Thanks
Derrick

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
look up PriceMotorSports for the adapter/spacers
there was 4V carb intakes by B&A , never heard of a 2brl. intake. add . thats an aftermarket 2 brl inake for C heads .
there is an other way to get the job done or can you use a 4 to 2 brl carb adapter

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
look up PriceMotorSports for the adapter/spacers
there was 4V carb intakes by B&A , never heard of a 2brl. intake
there is an other way to get the job done
Ok found the adapters! what is the other way to get the job done?

Derrick

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dont ask why

Dont ask why

Dont ask why

AAAAAHHHHH

Why?

Stupid 2bbl barrel stock class deal I hate stock type classe!

Derrick

·
Registered
106 Posts
New 351 Clevor intake manifolds.

There are two intake manifold options for a 351 Clevor. Edelbrock makes the Performer RPM E-Boss 351, part #7183 and B&A makes the single plane 4V Track Boss intake. You will then need a 2V adapter plate which is easy to find.

The Edelbrock is available new from any speed shop. TMeyer, Inc. has the Track Boss available new at http://www.tmeyerinc.com/B&Aintake.html. You can sometimes find used Track Boss intakes available on EBay.

With these manifolds you do not require the intake adapters available from Price Motorsport Engineering.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
stock class deal needs to look factory.... The spacers I can hide aluminum after market intake cant really hide. if they see a factory intake they wont look any closer.

Derrick

·
Registered
106 Posts
351 Clevor 2V options.

The only thing I can suggest then is a cast iron 351C 2V intake or the 4V intake made for 2V heads from Australia. It is available from Aus Ford Parts http://www.ausfordparts.com/2v4bintake.html. You would then need the PME adapter # AP-14.

Running out of suggestions since no one makes a 2V intake specifically for a 351 Clevor.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
116 Posts
Cleveland Vs Clevor

I personally think you are wasting a whole bunch of time. There is no reason to run a Windsor Block versus a Cleveland Block. The Windsor block has bigger mains which eats up horsepower, the rods are longer but not that much and you can put longer rods in the Cleveland if you wanted to. The Windsor block is .300 taller than the Cleveland engine and offers no benefit and adds weight and makes Header Clearance an Issue sometimes. Winston Cup Engines have been making 800 to 900 horsepower for years with a 9.200 deck block. So why would you go through the trouble to build a Windsor???? Get a Cleveland Block, put Cleveland Heads on it and go Race.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I personally think you are wasting a whole bunch of time. There is no reason to run a Windsor Block versus a Cleveland Block. The Windsor block has bigger mains which eats up horsepower, the rods are longer but not that much and you can put longer rods in the Cleveland if you wanted to. The Windsor block is .300 taller than the Cleveland engine and offers no benefit and adds weight and makes Header Clearance an Issue sometimes. Winston Cup Engines have been making 800 to 900 horsepower for years with a 9.200 deck block. So why would you go through the trouble to build a Windsor???? Get a Cleveland Block, put Cleveland Heads on it and go Race.
Like I said I already have the 393 clever together this is just going out for a couple of races. While i'm waiting on getting the new engine together for the guy.

Derrick
Derrick

·
Registered
80 Posts
cleaver really???

I don't know why you'd want to run a cleaver. ?? I have 1 for my 3 year old little boy... he said it does not have enough power.. lol

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't know why you'd want to run a cleaver. ?? I have 1 for my 3 year old little boy... he said it does not have enough power.. lol
Shut up Jon! lol his four wheel had to much power for him! He needs to stop driving like mom :D

Derrick

1 - 19 of 19 Posts