460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for one of the 4.0 mercruiser boat engines the ones that accept the 460 head and pistons ect...

Derrick

·
Registered
147 Posts
The good ol' 3.7L model 470 boat anchor ... uhh .... engine. Best of luck finding one. Check iBoats, there may be some folks who have upgraded/replaced theirs and have the 3.7 sitting around.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Ive got one I was going to put a boss 429 head on,

YES , FOR SALE

runs, has low compression in num 3 hole

call me

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
this one was always in fresh water,we took it out of the boat

·
Registered
281 Posts
I have a near perfect Mercruiser 3.7L service manual if you want it (it's from 1986, but I keep my stuff in mint condition). It has all the engine rebuilding stuff in it and all the specs that may come in as helpful for the shortblock. The rest of the 125 pages is all boat-specific, but very interesting. I planned on doing the whole Boss 429 head thing too (because I only had one head) back in 1999, but there weren't any engines around at the time (the Internet was very limited at that time. I'd do $15 shipped price to you if you want it. Let me know.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
I have a near perfect Mercruiser 3.7L service manual if you want it (it's from 1986, but I keep my stuff in mint condition). It has all the engine rebuilding stuff in it and all the specs that may come in as helpful for the shortblock. The rest of the 125 pages is all boat-specific, but very interesting. I planned on doing the whole Boss 429 head thing too (because I only had one head) back in 1999, but there weren't any engines around at the time (the Internet was very limited at that time. I'd do $15 shipped price to you if you want it. Let me know.

call me tomorrow?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts