460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to buy my pistons for my 1979 466. Thought I would see if anyone here had a set they didnt or werent going to use.
Let me know what you have and pricing please.
This engine I am building isnt going to be too crazy. I am looking for a 10- 10.5 compression.
The block is bored .030 over and ready for final honing.

I have the stock heads ( 79 truck) and may have a line on some DOVE heads.

The engine is going into a 1993 Mustang and will be driven on the street mostly. Going for the sleeper effect. Trying to keep it all hidden under the stock hood and hopefully quieted down.

·
Registered
46 Posts
New set of KB Silv-o-lite pistons & pins, part # 3109-030. These are .030 over stock stroke, stock rod pistons. Summit price $235, my price $150.

·
Registered
957 Posts
gotta set of Speed pro hypers with rods attached for 200+ ship. Rods have been shot peened and sized. Pistons installed on rods ready to go. Lemme know if you want em.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
still looking. I would like to find a set so I can get my engine assembled next weekend. Looking for something to get my compression ratio to 10 or 10.5 to 1. Please let me know what you have. I have D3VE heads right now that I plan on having Cobra Jet valves installed and do some porting and polishing on.

·
Premium Member
5,551 Posts
Getting ready to buy my pistons for my 1979 466.
Let me know what you have and pricing please.
I am looking for a 10- 10.5 compression.
The block is bored .030 over and ready for final honing.
I have the stock heads ( 79 truck) .

The engine is going into a 1993 Mustang and will be driven on the street mostly. Going for the sleeper effect. Trying to keep it all hidden under the stock hood and hopefully quieted down.
Got a set of TRW L2443-030NF's over here. Real ones, not the lesser Speed Pro or Federal Mogul versions. Brand new, never used, in the original box, complete set with OEM paperwork, piston pins, and Tru-Arc snaprings. The current (poorly) made-in-India Speed Pro 460 dome tops cannot hold a candle to these original made-in-America TRW pistons (material-wise, finish-wise, tolerance-wise).

$450 shipped anywhere in the U.S.

Paul

·
Registered
334 Posts
Pistons

I have a set of Speed -Pro #535- 30over new in box- 200.00 shipped--803-528-8633 thanks Ted--I've gone stroker is the reason never used.--plus i have a new set of Eagle I-beam rods still in plastic stock 6605hp for 200.00 also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts