460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,547 Posts
Mike, what is your geographic location? We offer High Flow Dynamics specification 460 rebuilder motors for just $1900 as an introductory offer (not yet publicized). For this price, you get a longblock set up approximately as follows:
  • D1VE or D9TE block cleaned and magged
  • Balanced rotating assy with factory crank, rods, plus hypereutectic rebuilder 89-91 fuelie pistons (very shallow dish), new rings & bearings.
  • Mild cam about .480"/.503"
  • Double roller chain
  • D3VE heads with modest exhaust bowl blend/smog bump reduction, standard valve job.
  • About 9:1 compression ratio
  • High Flow Dynamics Stage 1 oil pump
  • $1900 + $150 core
  • Options/upgrades available.
This is our version of what we feel the base 460 should have been. :) Motors of this type have been sold in the past to happy customers and we have (just today) decided to begin stocking them (build it, bag it, tag it), since the inquiries are becoming more regular. Although not yet in our inventory, we can always build to order in the meantime, just as we have in the past.

PM if interested and/or keep an eye out for a new Auction Block listing of this item (in addition to the other products we already offer here on the Forum).

Paul
p.s.: Bulleted build listing (above) is approximate, as it is off the top of my head this late evening.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Don't forget you won't be able to bolt up the 460 to the tranny from the 390. FE series motors differ from the 460 which is a 385 series motor. Just some FYI, hope it helps.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
460 for truck

You still looking for a motor?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got one !!

Thanks all but I found one here local in Denver. I found it on Craigs list there are some good buys on there.
Thanks Mike

·
Registered
5,483 Posts

How about a 514? Designed as a low rpm workhorse. Big torque on 85 octane. 100% American made parts.

I'm in Colorado Springs. $4000.00 never fired, or $4500.00 with break-in and dyno testing completed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts