460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I think I have a set of Standard pistons and Rods for sure. C9, The rotating assembly I believe is balanced. Just got the motor and pulled the heads and I believe the one piston was marked STD. didn't have my glasses on.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i am looking for some good parts. prefer forged pistons. i have a good DOVE A block and a std 460 PI crankshaft. the factory pistons and rods from 2 PI's i parted are unusable and i have used both of those PI blocks. i want to put together this dove a block at standard and use some dove heads. i would be interested in some factory forged flat tops TRW's that were installed in King Cobra marine engines. those have worked well for me in the past utilizing PI heads. about the right compression ratio for the street. o/w I'll be using dove heads and dished pistons. thanks.

jim

·
Registered
12 Posts
Jim, What is the part number of SCJ rods? The pistons I have are very low time STD Flattops with 2 valve reliefs don't know if they are forged. number on the side of the piston at the pin H535P. Rods are D00E. Crank is STD Mains and Pins.

Matt

AKA Snot Rod

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pistons and rods

Jim, What is the part number of SCJ rods? The pistons I have are very low time STD Flattops with 2 valve reliefs don't know if they are forged. number on the side of the piston at the pin H535P. Rods are D00E. Crank is STD Mains and Pins.

Matt

AKA Snot Rod
i sent you a PM. thanks.

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts

Matt

AKA Snot Rod

The H535P pistons are Hypers.

SJ

1 - 10 of 10 Posts