Registered
1,419 Posts
New or used? Budget? Horsepower goals?:confused:

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
New or used? Budget? Horsepower goals?:confused:
just ell me waht you have, i hate to say this outloud but whatever kinda of deal i find might make up my mind, i am really wanting a set of carrillo h-beams..

·
Banned
2,451 Posts
What kinda of $$$$ you looking to spend?

·
Banned
2,451 Posts
Your not going to get a new set of carrillo rods for $500....... You'll get a set of Chinese knockoff for that price.....

·
Banned
2,451 Posts
http://www.flatlanderracing.com/ this is the link to them, you have to click on con rods, and then go to the carrillo ones, then scroll all the way down to the 6.800 bbf rods..
Those aren't the American forgings..... Those are Chinese forgings machined by them here, same stuff as SCAT or Eagle, except the eagle stuff is machined overseas.....

I was also just reminded that the real carrillo rods are not forging they are billet.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Those aren't the American forgings..... Those are Chinese forgings machined by them here, same stuff as SCAT or Eagle, except the eagle stuff is machined overseas.....

I was also just reminded that the real carrillo rods are not forging they are billet.
wow, that crazy, i never knew that, the biggest thing that drew me to them is that they weigh almost 100 grams less that the scat or eagles...

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
and where is the weight savings????? i hope not in the wrist pin area.....
i'm not real sure... i am on a quest to save weight in my rotating assembly LOL, I would think because they say carrillo on them would make them a little better than the competition.. or at least i hope..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts