460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a front bumper for my 1979 Ford F350 pickup. Mine was damaged in an accident when a drunk lady ran into my parked truck! It needs to be chrome and in nice condition preferably an original Ford piece.

As far as I know the bumper for 1978 and 1979 pickups are the only ones that interchange.

·
Registered
400 Posts
are you looking for one that is clean and straight or show quality. i have one that is clean and straight but shipping might not be cheap?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Bumper

I have a collection of front bumpers, chrome and painted, let me know the space b/t your bolt holes, should be about 34 in if I remember right. Lots of other parts too, NOS doors, fenders, hoods, etc if you know anyone that needs parts.
Jeff

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The earlier bumper would bolt on but it's a more rounded look. I never noticed that about my truck until of course I needed a bumper!

I'll measure the bolt holes in the bumper and see if they are the same. My truck is an F-350 single wheel 1 ton so I don't know for sure that it'll be the same. Some stuff related to frame width has been an issue in the past. Right now I'm thinking about my trailer hitch which was different than an F-150 or F-250 truck. Why Ford would make this different I don't know....

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I measured the bumper this morning and it looks like the bolts are on 32 inch centers.

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm looking for one that's clean and straight. I use my truck and while it's not a show piece it looks good. Except for the damage caused by a drunk lady about a year ago! PM me with a price anyone who has what I need. Shipping will be high but we'll see if I can work something out hopefully with someone who's going to the bash.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts