460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy some aluminum standard port and valve location heads to replace my C9s. No ProComps or Speedmasters unless they have been redone by Scotty, Randy, Paul, or the like with receipts of proof and flow numbers. Send me a pm. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
call 712-363+4385 he has a pair or 2?

Reactions: 1972Mach1

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Bump, still looking. Have had a few replies, but honestly I'm not going to pay $2,000 plus shipping for some "outdated" heads that need rebuilding or aren't complete/have damage/or I'm going to have to sink $ into new springs and such. I can buy a new set of Trick Flows, P-51s, or the like for what some guys are wanting for their 25 year old pieces. Lets put my budget at a realistic level for good, complete, ready to roll used parts at $1500 and under. Thanks again, not trying to act like a d-bag, but holy cow.

·
Registered
108 Posts
In reality you’re better off just setting aside some $$ each month and buying a new set when you’re budget allows. Not only will you be getting all new parts but the castings will be the latest and greatest.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In reality you’re better off just setting aside some $$ each month and buying a new set when you’re budget allows. Not only will you be getting all new parts but the castings will be the latest and greatest.
Honestly it isn't a budget thing so much, I'm just really into the old A429s and would like a set of them with the "Cobra Jet" on the front. I've had my Mach 1 since I was 12 years old, and my car is kind of old school (except it has 18" wheels now), and they were the coolest heads back in the day. The A429s were the first set of aluminum heads I remember seeing. I'm probably not going to gain any HP over my 2.25/1.76 D0VEs, but the cool factor is worth it (well, to a point haha) for my car to me.
a429.jpg
mach12.png

1 - 6 of 6 Posts