460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who out there has a mech injection setup for a A-460 for sale.

It seems every time I turn around my plans evolve and change a little. Was gonna go efi gas and now I am thinking methanol.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Don't have one for sale but I really like my Ron's Fuel Injection deal. Simple and pretty easy to tune. I have a Terminator setup on my A460 headed 598. There are several used ones for sale on Racing Junk or you can buy new from the best distributor, James Monroe at Killer Ron's.

If you buy used you can buy a chevy setup but then you will need to buy a BBF bracket for the pump and a BBF mandrel instead of the chevy parts. James can set you up with only the parts you need and not have to buy an entire pump mounting kit. He can also give you a baseline setup with the correct size nozzle jets and good safe return pill range to start.

If you get a used setup you need to watch pump size. You will need a size 0 1/2 for up to around 950-975 hp. Over that that and you will need a #1 pump. The 0 1/2 can be sent in to Ron's and converted to a #1 for about $200 as long as it is a gear type and not one of the brass or aluminum vane type pumps.

Terminators come in a 1475 ad 2100 cfm size. This is dry flow, so it's not the same flow rating as a carb. A bbf needs the larger one. You can also use a Flying Toilet in the 4.10" size (1800 dry cfm). Same basic operation just a little more flow with the Terminator and some say the Terminator works better with throttle stops and SLE's due to 4 throttle blades vs one large blade.

My deal:

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
curt, weren't you alky inj setup on the heads i bought from you? i
i am just now getting around to using them 3-4 years later.

i have been looking at the rons stuff. looks like pretty awsome stuff.

·
Registered
783 Posts
curt, weren't you alky inj setup on the heads i bought from you? i
i am just now getting around to using them 3-4 years later.

i have been looking at the rons stuff. looks like pretty awsome stuff.
Yes, I was running a system just like David's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts