460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is prolly useless but thought I would give it a long shot. I had my pistons already but when the machine shop went to do the finish hone on my block they found a hot spot they had to get out and had to go to far for my pistons to work. Now I am facing buying a new set of custom A460 Pistons. My finish bore is 4.615, 6.7 Aluminum Rod, 4.50 Stroke, and the compression height for a standard deck and they have to be for nitrous. The pistons I have are diamond and are for above with a back cut .043 top, D Wall Second, and standard oil, 4.596 in size, flat top, gas ported, with A460 Valve Reliefs. I will take 400 or best offer if anyone needs them. I can get pics if someone is interested.

·
Registered
106 Posts
U may want to contact 017stosh another member on here he has some A head pistons forsale b/c I bought his heads but the pistons were TOO big for me, he still had them as of fri when i talked to him last if u cant get him let me know I ll get you his number

thanks josh

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
U may want to contact 017stosh another member on here he has some A head pistons forsale b/c I bought his heads but the pistons were TOO big for me, he still had them as of fri when i talked to him last if u cant get him let me know I ll get you his number

thanks josh
Thanks, I will look him up.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are these new or used??
Used. But another member on here called Eric at Diamond and he told him a different story on the ring pack with the build number I gave him. Let me find out what the crap is going on. Eric told me the rings were .043 Back Cut X 170 Top .043 D Wall Second and 3/16th oil ring but he told this guy it was 1/16th 1/16th 3/16. So now I am really confused. I got the pistons with a package I bought from another racer on here with the rods cam heads etc and now the bore is too big.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It might be more economical to get another block and have the machine shop start over.

Hope this helps,
LOL, I just spent over a thousand bucks on the block machine work and rotating assemble balance. I can't see buying another A-460 block instead of buying new pistons.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here is what Eric at Diamond told him about my build number on the pistons.

Bore is 4.603" finished bore
.007" piston to wall @ 4.603" - measure point .850" below oil ring groove actual piston dia. = 4.5980"

Flat top valve reliefs = 2.6cc's volume. .290" down top ring

1/16 x 1/16 x 3/16 ring stack - uses a support rail

.990" x 2.930 pin double spiral lock

1.310" CD

pockets depths = .200" deep intake, .070" deep exhaust

643 grams as delivered.

·
Registered
962 Posts
aa

So what you got is a used set of A Head pistons that will make 599 inches and about 13.3 to 1 CR with 78 CC heads swinging on 6.7 rods and a 4.5 crank .......pretty close anyway

How used are the pistons, have they been measured for round and consistency from piston to piston ??

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So what you got is a used set of A Head pistons that will make 599 inches and about 13.3 to 1 CR with 78 CC heads swinging on 6.7 rods and a 4.5 crank .......pretty close anyway

How used are the pistons, have they been measured for round and consistency from piston to piston ??
Yea you about got it lol. No I haven't measured or anything like that but if your interested I can send them to you and if you like them you can pay me a fair price, if not you can send them back.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts