1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here is the list for now

Weiand Stealth, Edelbrock Performer RPM, or possibly an Edelbrock Victor

Stock length H-beam rods

Speed pro L2443NF pistons or any other forged piston that will give me similar compression

No smaller than a Holley 950 cfm gas carb

Solid flat tappet cam. Preferably something pretty large and already broken in with matching lifters.

Let me know what you guys have. Thanks, Brandon

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
I have two solid flat cams if you're interested, both are new in box

Lazer 246/246 .647/.647 106lsa

Comp 250/250 .625/.625 110lsa

$125 takes either one...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd really prefer to find a cam that is already broken in. This is the engine that I'm building to experiment with E85 and I'd rather not have to worry about a cam breaking in too. But if I can't find one, I'll be interested. Do those cams include lifters?

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
E85? Hmmm... I would think if you jet it properly. it'd run fine.. I saw something online, a scanned copy of "tuning your carb to run with E85" or something along those lines. It looked like an older article. Expect worse MPG.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
E85? Hmmm... I would think if you jet it properly. it'd run fine.. I saw something online, a scanned copy of "tuning your carb to run with E85" or something along those lines. It looked like an older article. Expect worse MPG.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's why I'm going to run 13.5:1 compression. And that is the reason why I don't to worry about having to break in a cam. I'll have my hands full keeping the engine from blowing up :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts