460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basically I'm looking for a big block mustang, preferably a fox body notchback. I want the car to be able to run on pump gas and well into the 9s. Also, a full cage would be preferable (certified to 8.50s). Let me know what you or your friends have. Racing season is almost over, I'm sure someone out there is done with their car for the year...
Thanks all,
Chris

·
Registered
962 Posts
mustang

send me your email address if interested

have a 86 hatch certified to 8.50

has run 10.17 on motor

but is a 14:1 motor

·
Registered
134 Posts
i hate to offer this, but i must.... i have an 88 coupe, 460/toploader, 3.27 gears, 4 wheel discs, needs a few things, but i can take pics of what it does need.... i put alot of work into it, and i think most anyone would appreciate what i have done(i have pics documenting what i have done).... it's a 76 rebuilt shortblock(by me), with D0VE heads, so pump gas is fine... i'd want at least 8,000 for the car, just to let you know what i want, and it would take another thousand or two, to make it perfect(it needs paint).... i can drive it there... let me know if you're interested.... [email protected]

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
85 coupe

how much are u looking to spend?

if the right money came about id sell mine less engine,cert to 7.50 full cage,4link,9'' it could be bought with a sb ford c6,or a bb c6,and any gear in the rear you would want,fuel system,cell,pump,5 runs on new tires,14x32 slick,2980lbs with bb fordwo/driver,street car,then i wil build a new car....

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Now thats what I'm talking about.....all set up w/o an engine....thought about doing that myself so I have something to play with while rebuilding my Mach 1............D

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
its a proven car, i just won the championship as of sunday with it,to tell the truth i really dont wan t it to go, it will go straight on any track,i'd just as soon make all the changes to it i want,lift off front,glass doors,etc,but ??????????????????????

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the reply Boss but i'm looking for a turn key car. Seven I'll get at you later. I'm really looking for more of a race car that can be driven on the street. My budget really depends on what I'm buying...

·
Registered
198 Posts
i have a 93 notch in indy. it has a moser 9 inch with 350 gear, 528 with 9.5 compression. Motor made 705 on engine dyno with 93 octane. Rollerized C4. Everything on the car is brand new. The only thing it doesnt have is a cage. brand new prostars with mickey thompson drag radials. Ive driven it on the street and get alot of compliments on it. ran a 10.80 on an unprepped track.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts