460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, now I'm just looking for a set of headers and motor mounts to swap a big block into a Fox body Mustang. Just got my tax return back so I'm looking to deal. If I don't find any soon, I'll just buy new. Thanks, Brandon

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right now I'm just putting a stock engine in to get the exhaust, fuel system, etc, setup and I'm hoping that by next fall I can start building the engine I want. Probably going to do a stroker with aluminum CJ heads unless I find something else before then that I'd rather have.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
By drop rack, do you mean just drop the rack and pinion or the whole K-member? Also, what is the best fitting headers and motor mounts for this application? Thanks, Brandon

·
Registered
278 Posts
BBFFox said:
By drop rack, do you mean just drop the rack and pinion or the whole K-member? Also, what is the best fitting headers and motor mounts for this application? Thanks, Brandon
Just the rack. It allows you to lower the motor farther down for hood clearance.

Motor plate and one off customs, only way to go, imo.

Brian

·
Registered
846 Posts
BBF,

What are you still looking for ?? All of it ??

I might have some parts depending on what you need..

Mike

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looking for headers and motor mounts. I've found a Motorsports swap pan locally but if I can find a good used 7 quart oil pan (Moroso, Milodin, etc) for a good price I'd be interested too. I'm looking for a lot more parts to set up an '87 Mustang for drag. Thanks, Brandon

·
Registered
846 Posts
Thru some parts collecting I have both a steel front motor plate and a set of the swap mounts. Your choice, $ 50 plus shipping.

What rear / trans are you using ??

Mike

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm still a little unsure about which transmission and rear I want to use. C4 or C6. 8.8 or 9 inch. C4 is lighter, I can use a SFI approved bellhousing, and it takes less horsepower to spin but they cost more to live at the horsepower levels I'd like to see someday. 8.8 I have already and are under many Mustangs running faster then I ever plan on running but if I can setup a 9 inch for close to what I'd spend on modifiying my 8.8, I may go that way. I'm still comparing prices between leaving the factory type rear suspension, mini-tub it, or just back halve it. Use motor plates or motor mounts? Basically, the entire project is going to be a cost analysis. I'm still doing a lot of research.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts