460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, I can't find one anywhere. I have one with the weight but I haven't been able to find a machine shop around here that will cut it off.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I actually ordered one of those spacers and its for a short crank snout not a stock crank snout. It's only about 1.5 inches long. If anyone needs one I'll sell it cheap since I can't use it. Thanks for the help though.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have one I will send you. It is not perfect, but looks very useable compared to one you might find in the junkyard.

John

D

·
0 Posts
Try Ford Racing, they have them new. I order threw RV Engines in Alexander, NY 585-344-0784. Ask for Rick, He's Been a Ford Racing Dealer for Years.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Blue Thunder lists them. I'll call on availability.

BR

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
OK Have you got a Hack Saw ... Whack that baby off as close to the base as possible and then take it to a brake shop and have them throw it on the brake drum turner .. should be able to get it close too round there. Just don't mess with the seal surface area and your good to go. It's only Cast Iron..

ShaZam

·
Registered
236 Posts
TRUKPULR said:
OK Have you got a Hack Saw ... Whack that baby off as close to the base as possible and then take it to a brake shop and have them throw it on the brake drum turner .. should be able to get it close too round there. Just don't mess with the seal surface area and your good to go. It's only Cast Iron.. ShaZam
But IF his engine's rotating assembly has been dynamically balanced, can that technique get him a "zero" balance? How close is close enough?

I don't know, I'm just asking....but it seems a bit iffy to me.

StickBBF :)

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Jdean said:
I have one I will send you. It is not perfect, but looks very useable compared to one you might find in the junkyard.

John
jdean made you a good offer.

I was going to do the same, being I am sure I have a few in the parts boxes, untill I seen his reply.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks guys

Well I'm still looking for one. I sent a few of you emails but I'm thinking that they must not have gone through. This is the only peice I need to start my brand new motor. Since my email is acting stupid how about we try it this way. If anyone has one they would like to part with please call my cell phone 912-220-8250. Thanks again guys.
Adam

1 - 13 of 13 Posts