460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing a 460 and C6 I pulled from an 84 Van, into my short wheel base 66 F100 2 wheel drive. I need the screw in dipstick and tube from a truck 460 (the van deal is really long). And I need the shorter transmission dipstick and tube from any C6 that came behind a 460 in a car or truck. And while I'm at it I need the internal transmission shift lever for a truck with C6 (points straight ahead) and the matching kick down lever. The part number on the shift arm will be D3TE and some other numbers. I am using a tilt column from a 78 F250 and want to use the stock Ford shift linkage. Please call for clarification 435 628-2700 Thanks! I have done this install before using all ford parts. My 460 installations look like Ford did it. Last long too.
Thanks!
Bill

·
Registered
562 Posts
the Van Oil pan has the dipstick hole in a different location then the truck pan meaning the truck dipstick and tube prolly give you a bogus reading

or you could do like ford did and just use a front sump oil pan and timing cover dipstick

prolly best to shorten your tube and cut down the stick and mark it where you want your oil level

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dip Stick Issue

I did use a Van dipstick tube that I cut down and a regular front dipstick in another 460/F100 project. And that works fine. I just wanted or thought I wanted a screw in dipstick and tube from a pickup 460. The front sump pans put the drain plug over the crossmember and are a general PITA to work with. I guess I'll wait for an offer or relist my WTB just for the transmission parts I need. Thanks for the tip about the different locations for truck pans with screwin dipstick.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts