460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for forged, domes for 460, .030-.080over. Plan on running stock stroke w/C8 heads. Prefer new pistons,but let me know what you've got. PM, me,or call (320)293-4428 Thanx

·
Registered
21 Posts
If you use TRW L2443's with closed chamber head, you'll have to remove material from the dome for clearance. There's some descent Probe flat tops for sale on here.....Mike

·
Registered
382 Posts
there are a couple of posts on here that guys ran the closed chamber heads with trw dome pistons and didnt hane to do anything to the piston

·
Registered
21 Posts
It depends on what block you use, if you deck it, & what rpm who'll wind it to. W/out the h-gasket installed, they've touched on 2 engines that we have used them in. Just have to do some checking first. Mike

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had to get the ball rolling on my engine, and just went with .060 probes, comp.#s aren't what I wanted, but, Oh well. Thanks everyone for the input.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
I know its to late now, but maybe it will help someone else. My 466 has a d1ve block w/stock deck,and Lunati domes and i didn't have to do any trimming,and my 472 also has a d1ve block with Venolia domes and they weren't trimmed either,I used have used both Dove-c's and A429 alum. cj's with no problem. Rick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts