460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanting to start a build, and this is the block I am interested in, what can I expect to pay for a bare block? A local machine shop said a bare block should run $1700 I thought he was joking.:eek:

·
Banned
2,451 Posts
Hell, I've got Two I'll sell you for $1000 Ea........LOL

·
Premium Member
5,551 Posts
Wanting to start a build, and this is the block I am interested in, what can I expect to pay for a bare block? A local machine shop said a bare block should run $1700 I thought he was joking.:eek:
D0VE-A 2-bolt cylinder block, bored 0.030" never used, new cam bearings. This block will need cam bearings removed, a light flex hone on cylinders, then hot tank and assembled. So, D0VE-A 2-bolt block with unused 0.030" overbore and new cam bearings, $575 + ship. Stage 1 oiling mods, add $150 in this package deal (normally a $200 upgrade).

Paul

·
Premium Member
5,551 Posts
What would shipping run to 98092 area code?
We would likely ship via Forward Air (trucking company) from their San Francisco loading dock to their Seattle loading dock, which is from where you would need to pick it up.

If you are interested, then you may contact Forward Air and and ask them for a quote to ship a crated engine block, from San Francisco to Seattle, ship weight 260 pounds, crate dimensions 30"x 30" x 30".

Feel free to call, email, or PM with any further questions.

Paul

1 - 11 of 11 Posts