460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might be a longshot, but this is what I need. Also, I hear that the manifolds from a 460/429 will work on this engine, is that true? I might also be interested in a passenger car manifold as a last resort, but I would rather try to replace it with the same part.

I can be reached at 213.712.2334 or 714.649.3007. Will pay cash and pick up in the Socal area, let me know what you have.

Thanks,

Seth

·
Premium Member
5,547 Posts
Had a set not long ago...pretty sure I tossed 'em, but I'll double check over the w/e.

The passenger car manifolds for the carburetted pass car engines (1968-1986) will indeed bolt to the F600's 370/429's cylinder heads. Where the headpipe collector is (compared to the truck's manifold) may or may not be the same...I don't know.

Paul

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Paul,

If you could find them that would be great, I will definitely buy them from you. Or if you know of where to find another set that would be helpful as well.

Thanks,

Seth

·
Registered
258 Posts
Will check, i have a pair of 460 heads off a truck, if my memory serves me the exit's were tilted down about 45/60 degree dumping out at the rear, still had the heat shields on them and still bolted on the heads. this is a busy week-en, will do my best to dig them out.. will this help????Ed :wink:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Seth, checked and found ex-manifold's, nice shape. studs need replaced, plug sheldes and driver side heat sheld for air cleaner all in good shape, took pix, if interested let me know, will send pix. Ed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts