460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a good pair of used edelbrock heads. #60669 Prefer the smaller chamber 62cc? over the larger 75cc, but I won't complain at either of them.
If they need rework thats fine, with a good price.
Let me know
thanks!
Dane V
Chandler, AZ
[email protected]

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
75cc IS the smaller chamber. They also offer a larger 95cc chamber. You might be able to mill the heads .050 to bring the chambers down to 65cc, but you'll be getting close to the intake seats which can get costly in a hurry.

·
Registered
6,970 Posts

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
bruno said:
i know my heads are milled down pretty good ---Carl --dont know by how much but its around 14.1 on the weisco pistons--- which have been fly cut in several places ....
I've milled a few sets too and got very close to the hardened intake seats. I think we only took them down .040 but I'm not 100%, it's been a while.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahh. my mistake.
the 75cc chanmbers are what I'm after,
max compression out of the 460 block I'm putting them on.
BUT if a set of the 95's were available for a good price.
I'd take them too.
Summit has new bare heads for $650each or so.
I have stainless valves and all the hardware on top already.
so a good set of used ones that are bare would be fine.

D

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Edelbrock's bare heads are not a bolt on deal. The exhaust seats are unfinished, the guides need to be sized, and there is a fair amount of port work to be done.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I know they need a bit of work to be ready to run.
I can do the port work. and I have a machinst friend that owes me a huge favor. so he'll do all the machine for me for free. I have valves, springs keepers pushrod guides roller rockers, etc.
just need the castings.
I did a set of C9VE iron heads a year or so ago. they took A LOT of time.
They ran great after, but the time was just huge,
Now I really don't have it, and aluminum will cut so much faster and its lighter. Going into a 67 galaxie that needs all the light it can get.

thanks
DV

1 - 7 of 7 Posts