460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could go junkyarding but this time of year it is pretty hot here in Houston.

i'm looking for a factory kickdown for the c6 in my 71 truck. I'm pretty sure any 460 C6 kickdown will work but I'm not sure. If would be best if it came from a 73-79 truck but I bet one of the big lincolns will work too.

I will need it shipped to 77586.

thanks
Austin

·
Registered
962 Posts
aa

Having been there and done that - the carb is the big difference
Fo My 71 mustang with bigblock I used one from a Thunderbird with a 429
It is only 100 degrees today - get your but up to pick a part
I actually have a kickdown I dont know what it fits, but 460/c6 for sure
found it this weekend
I am in Missouri City
What end part do you need ???

Ron

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Having been there and done that - the carb is the big difference
Fo My 71 mustang with bigblock I used one from a Thunderbird with a 429
It is only 100 degrees today - get your but up to pick a part
I actually have a kickdown I dont know what it fits, but 460/c6 for sure
found it this weekend
I am in Missouri City
What end part do you need ???

Ron
Yes, I should go up to the pick n pull but with it so hot, me not having AC in the truck, it being stop and go traffic to get there after I get off work.....well, I just don't have it in me.

I'm over in Seabrook next to NASA.

I'm not sure which end part I need because my truck has never had a kick down. Do you have any idea how I can find out? The Holley 750 I'm running is set up for a ford kick down. My truck is column shift if that makes any difference.

·
Registered
962 Posts
aa

Just poking some fum at you - as we both are enjoying the heat down here - i am thinking you have the arm on the trans as it is part of the shifting lever - the kickdown has a hole on each end with a plasticteflon type insert - you can bend the kickdown some to adjust length - you should have the carb clip to hold on that end - and will have to find the clip for the trans lever end - use a c clip if necessary

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just poking some fum at you - as we both are enjoying the heat down here - i am thinking you have the arm on the trans as it is part of the shifting lever - the kickdown has a hole on each end with a plasticteflon type insert - you can bend the kickdown some to adjust length - you should have the carb clip to hold on that end - and will have to find the clip for the trans lever end - use a c clip if necessary
I will have to take a picture of what I have because I really don't think I have the required arm. I should be able to get a picture at lunch or after work.

thanks
Austin

·
Registered
51 Posts
kinda offtopic, but my lincoln is almost too low to get under to mess with the rod. when the kickdown gets pulled forward, does it pull the kickdown rod up or forward also? is it supposed to downshift when it gets pressed down? CCW?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does this help? Do you have this small arm with the tiny stud?
I knew a cougar guy or Ford truck guy would come to my rescue. Psquare is both!

Anyway, no I don't have the arm with the tiny stud, so I need everything.

thanks
Austin

1 - 10 of 10 Posts