460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys. Im completely in love with the falcon xb body lines. Id love to get my hands on one of these bad boys. From what ive gathered and read its a Australian made car, and id imagine not a terrible amount of them have made it state side.
Id even consider doing a kit car of one of these if i could find one.
Does anyone have more info on how to come across one of these cars? Or am i SOL if i dont wanna import one?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
That car in the pic is for sale...........multiple trophy winner.........just a lazy 110k us dollars + shipping!!!!

I've got a 4 door xb you can have for 50k...lol

·
Registered
876 Posts
Small pic but looks like a 1970 Torino with 69 nose
They're basically 70-71 Torinos with 71-73 Mustang front ends. I agree, I love the look. There's a few of them here in the states. I don't know the details of getting one ok'd to be here, but I'd love one myself.

Lucas

·
Registered
876 Posts
Time to build one! Might even cost less than buying one.
Alright, you buy the Torino, I'll just take the front off my Mach 1, pull the 552, and........wait.....No. No I'm not going to do that.....But, I'd think it wouldn't be too tough to do. In the one I posted the link to, it looks like the front fenders are exactly the same as a Mustang, but I don't think the doors and quarters are exactly like a Torino. The body line in the Mustang fenders matches up with body lines that aren't there on the Torino, so there would be some body mods necessary for sure.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Alright, you buy the Torino, I'll just take the front off my Mach 1, pull the 552, and........wait.....No. No I'm not going to do that.....But, I'd think it wouldn't be too tough to do. In the one I posted the link to, it looks like the front fenders are exactly the same as a Mustang, but I don't think the doors and quarters are exactly like a Torino. The body line in the Mustang fenders matches up with body lines that aren't there on the Torino, so there would be some body mods necessary for sure.
I already have the 1970 Torino body sitting here, send me your fenders and hood, I'll get the body lines to line up. Do you mind if it has a circle track cage in it? That would really turn some heads at the vintage road races.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts