460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Take it you are using a std port (Non CJ) head? Fel pro still makes the valley pan gasket for std port heads under PN: MS96018. Should be able to get it from your local auto parts store. Shame they never made a CJ port version.

Steve

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Steve, thank you ever so much. With the # that you provided I was able to find it.
http://www.jegs.com/i/Fel+Pro/375/MS96018/10002/-1
Btw, anyone interested in having an oil splash prevention gasket set up, this is it. My Tunnel Ram is scalloped out for weight savings and to prevent the engine heat from heat soaking into the carbs and manifold and this gasket set completely seals the lifter valley and, depending on the manifold you have, at least prevents the oil from splashing directly onto he bottom side of the manifold.
Thanks again Steve. ;)
Rob

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Just wondering, how well does the top of your intake port fit that gasket?

I'd love to do what you are except I am running Iron CJ heads and they are too tall for that gasket. The intake is also port matched to them at the top. As I said shame they never made a CJ version of that pan gasket as it would save me having to weld in a valley pan on my intake.

Steve

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Steve,
Here are a few pics of the scalloping on the manifold. It works extremely well as far as the heat control issues go:

The port size that I use is 1.98" wide by 2.26" tall, oval port. If I'm not wrong this is the Ford CJ size port. I've got a set of D0VE C's and a set of C8's that are ported to these dimensions along with the Tunnel Ram. There is plenty of material left at the top of the head ports and the intake ports. Is this not the CJ size ports? Maybe Scotty will chime in here and straighten us out! lol
Rob

·
Registered
135 Posts
Autozone has that valleypan gasket available also, surprisingly they keep in in stock, Inventory is driven by local registration which is working for me when I need One. Your setup is what I want on my Mustang

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I've bought my last 2 from NAPA but the guy that used to be my know-it-all parts guy is gone and I couldn't remember what the PN was. The one stamped into the pan doesn't coincide with the Fel Pro part #. The set up works very well. I've estimated my motors to be in the 600 horse range with the cubes ranging from 472" to 514" with varying compression ratios and a cam @ .668"/.671", 249*/254*@ .050 and a 108* CL. The carbs are OTB 750/4150 Holley pumpers with the 4 corner idle with some K&N Stub Stacks. I'm pretty pleased with it for the investment. I'll tell ya', if you're not worring about a hood, it's a good set up IMHO.
Rob

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Std head intakes are 2.18x1.87. CJ is 2.51x2.11-inch intake and 2.25x1.30-inch exhaust.
Thank you fordman. Then I guess what I have is a Fel Pro port match with a slightly opened up version of the valley pan gasket. I use one of the riveted on metal "gaskets" that came with the valley pan gasket type as a template for doing all my heads. The holes in it accept a header bolt shoulder for registering it to the head and intake flanges then I just use another bolt (and nut) with a flat washer to bolt it down and scribe my lines.
Rob

·
Registered
135 Posts
I already have a hole in the hood with a boss 429 scoop over the hole. I'm not a fan of the cowl hoods so I might as well enjoy looking at the fun poking out the top

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Yeah, yours has the webbing removed like mine, except mine has injector bungs welded in and is cut up waiting for a custom plenum and has a CJ match on the ports. Here is a pic. The other is a CJ gasket on a D0VE head, good bit different!

Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, yours has the webbing removed like mine, except mine has injector bungs welded in and is cut up waiting for a custom plenum and has a CJ match on the ports. Here is a pic. The other is a CJ gasket on a D0VE head, good bit different!

Steve
OH! I like playing with aluminum! What are you doing with the plenum? Got any drawings or pics of what you plan to do? OK, you're going to make me pull mine and take some pics.....lol
Rob

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
OH! I like playing with aluminum! What are you doing with the plenum? Got any drawings or pics of what you plan to do? OK, you're going to make me pull mine and take some pics.....lol
Rob
At this point don't know. I was going to finish the plenum similar to how an A460 TR is, but have the TB come out the front since the idea was to not cut the hood, but looks like it will still be too high.

At this point I can either cut down the runners to make it work, or just finish off the plenum and run some TB's on top and cut the hood, or sell it off.

Steve

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, if you decide to sell it off give me a shout. If you don't want too awfull much for it it might be something that I could play with.
Rob

1 - 18 of 18 Posts