460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need a set of forged low compression pistons for my 521.

need:
4.390" bore
1.45" comp ht
.990 pin
minimum 35-40cc dish

who on here would be the best to talk to about a set or does any one have a set sitting around.

thanks,
barry

·
Banned
2,451 Posts
Have you talked with Lem?

Probe make some Dished Stuff (not sure if it will get your compression down Low enough)and Diamond can make you anything you desire.

·
8,522 Posts
Probe has the 1.45" C.D. but the dish is only 26cc . Diamond has a piston in the 4.390" bore with a 36 or 38 cc dish but not the 1.450" C.D. BUT.....they have the 'change to' option that let the C.D. be moved to 1.450" for an additional $40 .

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have you talked with Lem?

Probe make some Dished Stuff (not sure if it will get your compression down Low enough)and Diamond can make you anything you desire.

Probe has the 1.45" C.D. but the dish is only 26cc . Diamond has a piston in the 4.390" bore with a 36 or 38 cc dish but not the 1.450" C.D. BUT.....they have the 'change to' option that let the C.D. be moved to 1.450" for an additional $40 .

i just talked to probe and they told me that they could get me to 40 cc in a custom but they are 4-6 weeks out.

I talked with JE and they can make a custom set with full round dish at 50cc which would put me at 8.36 to 1 compression. JE claims to be 2-3 weeks out. a little more expensive than probe though.

i have yet to talk with diamond.

JE quoted me about $950 for a set. are there any dealers on hear that may be able to get me a special 460ford.com discount price?

thanks, barry

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cool ...cheapest aint the bestest...bestest is the bestest .
i hear that fully. thats why I am buying pistons now. built the motor on the cheap the last time and all was well for about 200 miles until i broke a KB hyper piston.

i can say one thing, no more cast pistons in any motor i ever put together ever again.

p.s. was previously naturally aspirated.

thanks barry

·
Registered
441 Posts
i hear that fully. thats why I am buying pistons now. built the motor on the cheap the last time and all was well for about 200 miles until i broke a KB hyper piston.

i can say one thing, no more cast pistons in any motor i ever put together ever again.

p.s. was previously naturally aspirated.

thanks barry
Barry, the guy (Lem) that you are talking to is the one getting my diamond pistons for me. He can get you a great deal on a good set of pistons regardless of brand

·
Registered
902 Posts
Just got custom pistons from Diamond in the last month,2 weeks Order to Delivery! You can't hardly get shelf pistons that fast!

·
Banned
2,451 Posts
Just got custom pistons from Diamond in the last month,2 weeks Order to Delivery! You can't hardly get shelf pistons that fast!
Diamond is usually pretty darn fast on their custom suff.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey Lem, would you be interested in getting me set up with a good set of pistons?

1.45 ch
50 cc dish
4.390 bore
.990 pin

thanks,
barry

1 - 16 of 16 Posts