460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi folks, I'm looking for a foxbody platform, maybe orig. 4 cyl. car from 84 or what ever yr that body style started, up through 93 -94 foxbody, lx . not really the 95 -99 .

would prefer kinda local to atl. ga . can drive a few hrs to get it.

I am looking to strip interior out all the way, and try to do roll cage. maybe mini-tub ,
I am an hvac contractor, been doing sheetmetal work, all my life, and can weld pretty good, can weld stainless also.

I would need to get the parts, all figured out, but for now just looking for a stocker, roller. lmk what ya got thanxs Rick

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
roller

well not a whole lot,, lol,, it really depends on what it is.

for total stock, maybe 5-800 for a total stocker, I'm just gonna strip it out anyway.

or if it was, like tubbed out, had susp. work, rear-end set up good, maybe up to a couple thousand,, moneys tight ever where. but if I could get a real good deal, I might can work with that much.

or get a cheap stocker, and take about 2 years, to figure out , and get parts, an try an build one myself, Thanxs for your interest, tell me what you got Thanxs Rick

·
Registered
454 Posts
fox roller

hey rick,pat here,i have a 86 roller w 87-93 nose,quarter windows & interior.interior is already stripped out.has suspenion work "lakewoods front & rear,moser axles,rear coil-overs,4.10 gears,subframe connectors,electric fuel pump,3 or 4in cowl hood",not sure on height".i'm in tullahoma.tn,about 2 1/2-3hrs from you.give me a call we'll work something out.931-461-7019home cell931-247-3654.ask for pat.it's a black notch back.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I have one with a cage, through the floor subframe connectors, race wing, tubular k member etc etc

$1,100 gets it. (the wing alone was about that price) I'm about an hour and a half south of Atlanta.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I have an ok Mark VII chassis that has been stripped for drag racing.

Check my post in this forum under "fox project for sale"

The body can be yours VERY CHEAP!

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
roller

I have an ok Mark VII chassis that has been stripped for drag racing.

Check my post in this forum under "fox project for sale"

The body can be yours VERY CHEAP!

ok I'll check it out, still waiting on other pics, from some other folks, but I'll let ya know, whats "cheap" ? .. lol and whats been done to it ?

thanxs for your response Rick

·
Registered
216 Posts
This car is a 88 or 89 I can't remember for sure, it will be a Bill of Sale only you can tag it in GA with that. There is a 7.5" rear end under the car I took the 8.8 off, It's an $1,100 car. The cage was custom done, it's not some back porch amateur welding work however the back two bars need to be added, it was cut out to do mini-tubs, the plates are still in place for use, remember it's a $1,100 car. The rear tubs have been cut, you just need to buy the tubs themselves ($115 +/-) install them and mount your crossbar for coil-overs if you choose to run them, did I mention it's a $1,100 car? There is also through the floor frame connectors that tie into a built solid seat mount, everything behind the dash has been gutted, it has an older style k-member that uses the factory a-arms (one coil spring is missing)-it may be inside of the $1,100 car. In the pix it's missing a headlight but I'm pretty sure it's in the car. There is a 5 lug conversion on the front. I can't hold the car for you as you've requested for me to, but it's been for sale but not really advertised for a while. I was holding it for a friend but it seems as if he hasn't gotten the $1,100 in a year and a half so I'll end up building it or selling it, makes me no difference really. The body is straight but there are a few dings over the drivers' side rear tire. The wing is riveted on, all the glass is good, I don't know if all of the lights are still wired up, the car has power windows but I don't know if they work truthfully I have no desire to check, the interior has all the panels, nothing else, no headliner, no carpet and I do not have them. The interior needs a real good cleaning. My shop is located exactly 2 miles from the Phenix City dragstrip.

here's some pix. I think I've answered all the questions you've asked. All the **** that's in it comes with it. I have no clue what's in those boxes. Maybe a million dollars, who knows.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thats a roller,

well ,I think you answered all my questions,on an 1100. $ car although ,I would of liked to see the roll-cage a little better, on the 1100 $ car. maybe where it was cut out , for the tubs little better, on an 1100 $ car. ya know maybe a pic of the bottom, like the rear-and, of the 1100 $ CAR,, like a pic of how the susp. looks on a 1100 dollar car,,, and is this the same 1100, car you just had for sale for a grand, jus a minute ago?? , I think I get your point, Thanxs for your time, have a great night Rick

·
Registered
454 Posts
roller

hi folks, I'm looking for a foxbody platform, maybe orig. 4 cyl. car from 84 or what ever yr that body style started, up through 93 -94 foxbody, lx . not really the 95 -99 .

I am looking to strip interior out all the way, and try to do roll cage. maybe mini-tub ,
I am an hvac contractor, been doing sheetmetal work, all my life, and can weld pretty good, can weld stainless also.

I would need to get the parts, all figured out, but for now just looking for a stocker, roller. lmk what ya got thanxs Rick
hey rick,pat here,i just posted an add for the notch roller hoping i could post some pics with it,but i must be doing something wrong because i can't get them to work.i hope you got the ones i sent you on the phone.thanks pat.lmk

·
Registered
216 Posts
well ,I think you answered all my questions,on an 1100. $ car although ,I would of liked to see the roll-cage a little better, on the 1100 $ car. maybe where it was cut out , for the tubs little better, on an 1100 $ car. ya know maybe a pic of the bottom, like the rear-and, of the 1100 $ CAR,, like a pic of how the susp. looks on a 1100 dollar car,,, and is this the same 1100, car you just had for sale for a grand, jus a minute ago?? , I think I get your point, Thanxs for your time, have a great night Rick
If I go to the race track later on I will get pictures of the cage where it was cut and the tubs although the plastic pieces are back in place and nothing will be visible there via pictures unless you take the tire off. I'm sure you know that's not happening. The rear end and rear suspension is that of a stock Mustang, nothing special. It may have been for sale for a grand but it's an $1,100 car today. Truthfully if you're honest and have the know how it is a extremely good deal. If I paint the car finish the cage and tubs, put a seat in it an 8.8 and front and rear suspension it will be a couple thousands of dollars car just that quick. I really won't lose any sleep if you decide to purchase the car or not, I just offered to help.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
roller

If I go to the race track later on I will get pictures of the cage where it was cut and the tubs although the plastic pieces are back in place and nothing will be visible there via pictures unless you take the tire off. I'm sure you know that's not happening. The rear end and rear suspension is that of a stock Mustang, nothing special. It may have been for sale for a grand but it's an $1,100 car today. Truthfully if you're honest and have the know how it is a extremely good deal. If I paint the car finish the cage and tubs, put a seat in it an 8.8 and front and rear suspension it will be a couple thousands of dollars car just that quick. I really won't lose any sleep if you decide to purchase the car or not, I just offered to help.

thanxs for your effort, I'll pass

·
Registered
454 Posts
86 roller

hey rick,my friends wife sent you 14 pics of the notch.i hope you got them.maybe these will let you see better than the other ones.sorry it took me so long to get them to you.thanx pat.

·
Registered
180 Posts
85 SVO roller

I have a 1985 mustang gt with early 85 svo front end & by wing hatch and taillights and bumpers car has 10 pt cage sub frame conecters tube k-frame & a arms coilover conversion 5.5 cowl hood to windsheild with custom hinges w/ duzs fastners southside machine lift bars adjustable uppers set up with motor plate for 460 and c6 has fuel sell mounted where spare tire would go two raz race seats has brand new americanracing torque thrust 15x4 with M/T sportsman street tires 15x8.5 rear with new drag radials car was painted april 1998 just in time to go to first world ford challange it is 97 vermillon red it has been garaged for as long as I have owned it it has not been on the street or track for the last 7 years it has working all lights wipers power windows and locks clean title looks great needs rearend 4,500 buys it could take some stuf off to lower price also has c6 full manual reverse patern with 4200 stall art car converter with sheild call Ricky D at 231 409 6394

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
STOCK ROLLER

hey guy's , I have had a couple good replys, on some rollers. one was Pat427, Great guy, went outta the way, and got digital. pics, sent over , so I could see it real good, Thanxs man, that was cool, an sorry bout wasting your time.. but man, I just dont have a ton, oh cash, to throw down, THE ROLLER, will prob sit, for 2 yrs on jack stands, before, I get the parts, and MONEY, to get the sub frames, roll cage , installed, maybe mini tub.

bottom line, I need a STOCK, even with the 7.5 rear, because, I cant afford, the fixed up rollers, , check that last one, very nice, dont get me wrong, ( no offense dude ) but 4500, I can't swing that,

man if anybody gotta stock, notch, let me know, I will even pull the eng. out, If you bring it to me,. and give it to you.

now that roller pat427 's got is sweet, if you looking for one that is it, its got 4:10's lake ? somethings, I donno, its too high dollar for me , Thanxs for putting up with me rambling on, help me find a good stock notch, Thanxs Rick

·
Premium Member
5,231 Posts
Wow a pretty much stone stock 88 hatchback for 1100 bucks with half a cage and no wheel wells in the back , where I am from thats 150 car at best ! I bought a 91 lx with all 95 cobra suspension , gms control arms , every bushing in it polyurathane and all new brakes . Every single part was brand new on the suspension from ford except the rear control arms which were new from gms for 500 bucks and the car had never been driven !!!!

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
big block

Hey thats what I thought too. dude was kinda rude about it too. ya know. but pat427 has got a nice one, its an 86 with an 87-93 front clip, an dash, 8.8 lakewood ? , 4:10 gear, battery in back, 1/2 " fuel line run to front, nice welds all around, and he was cool about it. sorry I wasted his time.

I got a clean 88 gt, with an 91 eng we put in it, a couple yr ago, its got 70 thou on eng, Supposedly, from flea-bay, it runs out good, got welded sub-frames, max. motorsports upper/lower control arms, and a either 3:27 or 3:55 gear in it. I didnt wanna chop it up. so I'll just put the 460 in it, just the eng. and c-6 for now, and all intailed with that, I bout got everything I need, but a good swap kit, thanxs for your advice bb Rick

1 - 20 of 27 Posts