460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, over the weekend my truck's E4OD blew the pump seal out (for the second time in 20,000 miles) without me noticing (about midnight so couldn't see the smoke rolling out the back). Trans puked all the fluid out and burned up the transmission. So just seeing if anyone has a GOOD used one hanging around with a converter that they'd like to get rid of before I commit to rebuilding or buying a re-man. This is in a 1994 F-250 4x4. Hit me up with what you've got and a price shipped to Hamilton, MT 59840. Probably not going to be doing anything until after Christmas/New Year day. Thanks for your time.

Lucas

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is in my 1994 F-250 with the 7.5 (460). Sorry, I should have stated that. What have you got available? And is it ok if I call you tonight? I've got family in Boulder, so I come over that way quite often. Thanks.

Lucas

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good to know. I will look into that....On a tight budget with Christmas and whatnot right now. I've got a guy lined up about an hour's drive away that'll rebuild it with a new converter for $950, and it's warrantied for 2 years, which is a dang good deal. Probably just going to end up doing that next month. Was just hoping someone might have one taking up space from a wrecked truck with known low mileage or something known to be good that they just want to get out of the shop. Dan also has a good deal for me if I decide to do so....just waiting and seeing on the tax refund haha....

Lucas

1 - 5 of 5 Posts