460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need headers for my 1972 GTS fastback almost ready to put back together, has a 1973 460 block and heads, any help would be great.
Thank's
Audie

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
HOOKER MAKES THEM

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1972 torino headers

Thanks, but they are big buck's would like to find a used pair, any help would be great!!!!
Thanks,
Audie

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
72 torino headers

Im sure that is what Im going to do, just thought I might get lucky and some one would have a pair, did the hooker fit well..
Thank's
Audie

·
Registered
11 Posts
Do any of you Torino guys have some under hood pics of your full frame cars with 385 series engine and headers? I have been pondering using Torino motor mounts and headers for my engine swap (460 into 1965 full size mercury). Being able to see what one looks like will give me a better idea of if it will work.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a NEW set of ceramic shorties that I'll be selling. They are an unknown maker. They have 3/8" flanges, 3/4" primaries, are coated inside and out, are new, and I have no idea what they fit.
I bought them on Ebay last year hoping they would fit my 72 Ltd convert. No one lists headers specifically for my car so I've been forced to go the trial and error route. Unfortunately they hit the P/S box but otherwise clear shift linkage, A/C, and steering linkage.
I posted several photos a couple of months ago hoping someone could ID them but no luck. Search for post titled "Can you ID these?". for pics.
They are not chipped or dented in any way, just some scuffs from trying to fit them. I paid $300 and if I can at least break even (less S&H) I'll be satisfied. These type go for up to $800. So if you're willing to try contact me.
Oh, and they are for standard ports not CJ

·
Registered
38 Posts
385 series headers

I have a new set of hooker headers #6201 that should work.
They were ordered for a 73 mach 1 with a big block.
email me if you are interested.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1972 torino headers

Thank's guy's, but I checked and they will not fit my car wish they would,
thank's again great people on this site!
still looking...

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hooker 6126 WILL fit

6126 will fit.. you will need to do a lil fitting around the tranny... I remember someone on here posting pics of how they did it

was it Rick ???

1 - 20 of 21 Posts