460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,657 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Hey Scott, I need a good set of headers to fit a 71 LTD, somthing in the 2" range, know of any that will work? Sorry for the hijack.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hooker Comps

Scotty,
I am thinking that the Crites headers with 2" primarys will be better for my 521. Your thoughts? Only running 6,000 rpm max.
I also have a Stefs pan that is wider than stock which may be a problem with Crites.

I need a price from you on the Hookers. If I offered you $300 for new headers would you want to sell them? Crites are $330.

Thanks,
Dave

·
Premium Member
8,657 Posts
Re: Hooker Comps

Dave D said:
Scotty,
I am thinking that the Crites headers with 2" primarys will be better for my 521. Your thoughts? Only running 6,000 rpm max.
I also have a Stefs pan that is wider than stock which may be a problem with Crites.

I need a price from you on the Hookers. If I offered you $300 for new headers would you want to sell them? Crites are $330.

Thanks,
Dave
The 1 7/8" hookers are on the small side for a 521. 2" would be better...

8)

·
Premium Member
8,657 Posts
richter69 said:
Hey Scott, I need a good set of headers to fit a 71 LTD, somthing in the 2" range, know of any that will work? Sorry for the hijack.
I know of no out of the box full length headers that fit the full size fords though some of the hooker mid size stuff from the mid to later 70's can be adapted with minor mods.

8)

R

·
0 Posts
I have no problems making them work, just need to start with something thats fairly close, I really do not want to fab an entire set, but I will if I have to............thanks for the info.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts