460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My engine has some broken roller lifters(Comp). The installer put put 5 out of 8 in backwards. We found lifter parts in the pan when changing oil. Need to upgrade to Isky Reds for TFS A heads. Lift is .800". What dealers carry Reds?

Mike

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Isky Reds

turboten5,

Thanks for the reply. I have located then in Summit but would like to buy from fourm members if possible.

Mike

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Isky Reds

cool40,

I have always liked '40 coupes since my Dad had a 276 flathead that turned 14.0s in 1960s.

Crower is on my list as per searching through the threads. Everyone's experience is real important to me when I buy parts.

I do not want to just put anything in the 605.

Thanks for the reply.

Mike

·
Registered
346 Posts
I like the comp lifters and I have tried quite a few diff ones ,the old comps were ok before they did the oiler hole for the needles ,after the hole was added the life has gone up a lot. I use the offset lifters with a .920 cam and the centered ones at .850 with very good luck .

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Isky Reds

steve1071,

Thanks for your reply. You have smoken 60' times!

I know I spend a lot of time researching parts before I buy but so far they have been correct. This is no knock against Comp since most were installed backwards and placed in a bind.

Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts