460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
darn just crushed it kept man brakes and man rack. but thats all i ever done is just took power brakes off installed man master cyl. did it on 4 cars now seems to work ok

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
quesey said:
darn just crushed it kept man brakes and man rack. but thats all i ever done is just took power brakes off installed man master cyl. did it on 4 cars now seems to work ok
Stick the proper pedal on there and it'll work even better.....

The manual pedal is actually longer than a power one. BUT it still ends up being the same distance off the floor because it mounts in the upper bolts of the pedal assembly.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
just to clairfy the pedals not longer, the piviot point is closer on the man ped then the power ped, i change these all the time,mill the weld off,fill the hole,drill new hole in pedal,and reweld in the piviot point,done...i just did another one a week ago

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
The manual pedal is longer when measured from pivot to bottom. The pivot, not MC connection point, on the manual pedal is higher. It physically mounts in the upper set of holes in the pedal box. The power pedal mounts in the lower set of holes. If you move a power pedal to the manual holes the pedal will be "short" when measured to the floor...

By cutting, welding and moving the MC connection point downwards on a power pedal you effectively achieve the same thing but then it gives a slight angle to the MC rod which I don't like.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
when mes from piviot to bottom,mmmmmmmmm, that makes no sence,i dont think you get what i said,but ive only done it 20 or more times,so i guess i dont know anything . question was not how it was mounted,i awnsered about the piviot point,thats all

im starting to see why people say they are not awnsering questions in here anymore

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Boss, I wasn't taking a shot at you just mentioning that there is a difference between pedals. I had both of them laid out side by side and looked over the differences myself.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts