460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
NO SPRAY said:
WTB 598 TO 640 CI PROSTOCK STYLE MOTOR 1000 TO 1200HP
How serious are you? We are just doing a new A460/A460 588 build (should have the Bryant billet crank in a couple of weeks) We would consider sitting out a season if you want to buy at a premium to our cost. BTW, well over CA$ 20k.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I have a 614 thor head new, a 588 Holbrook A head just freshened, 598 C-head just freshened, They start @ 20k and go to 32k. The low teen market will most likly need many parts as they will have wear or breakage. IMO

·
Registered
32 Posts
618 pc ford

i see one for sale on the site rpm classified in canada
is in the section engine and the date of the posting is in fevrier or the seconde month of the year excuse my english i live near montreal

the engine is 618 cubic inch for head jon kaase the engine have 1200 hp

·
Registered
897 Posts

c.evans said:
No Spray,

Please call Phillip Oakley at (270)929-5185. He has the dyno sheets and I can't remember for sure.

Thanks,
Interesting engine. You don't see many with Profiler heads. Kaase got 540 feet of air. Not too shaby.

·
Registered
26 Posts
NO SPRAY said:
THAT MOTOR IS ON RACING JUNK #584593 THIS MOTOR IS BAD A$$ TRYING TO COME UP WITH SOME MORE CASH TO MAKE HIM AN OFFER.
The guy that was selling this motor is a buddy of mine. He sold it last weekend and I believe it is now in Vriginia. sorry

·
Registered
897 Posts
budget

NO SPRAY said:
THAT MOTOR IS ON RACING JUNK #584593 THIS MOTOR IS BAD A$$ TRYING TO COME UP WITH SOME MORE CASH TO MAKE HIM AN OFFER.
This engine was priced at $26.500 OBO. Originally you wanted an engine for $14K that made 1000-1200 HP. Can you be more specific please?

·
0 Posts
time

i think it would be cheaper to get it all new. few more $$, but you dont end up like a forum member here w a cracked crank and take a set back in time and money. it sound like you got the time frame

·
Registered
92 Posts
NO SPRAY. I am just finishing up a a new 578 cid build, with a projected, 900+ hp n/a. Now I will admit I went overkill (maybe) with the bottom end by using a custom billet crank, and Oliver rods, but I seriously doubt a engine with that kind of cubic inch, could be touched with that kind of money. I could be wrong, as I haven't bothered to look at used engines. But here in Canada, where we live, a engine like that would cost HUGE money to build. I will have spent $25'000.00+ (canadian) to build this engine alone, and I am a performance outlet, so the majority of the parts I have bought, have been at a jobber dist. level, a good 20% better than the average fellow on the street can buy, and the engine is not in the car yet. My point is, you may very well be better off starting from scratch and building what you need new. Like the previous post said, it may be better for you in the long run. Just my opinion.............

1 - 20 of 25 Posts