460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know if a stock style rocker is available. It has to work on a 7/16 stud and be 1.73 ratio. Wish I could just run a set of rollers but the rules don't allow it. Any help would be greatly appreciated:D

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I need to know if a stock style rocker is available. It has to work on a 7/16 stud and be 1.73 ratio. Wish I could just run a set of rollers but the rules don't allow it. Any help would be greatly appreciated:D
There are heavy duty long-slot (for high-lift) rockers available for the BBC that will work on the 460 heads. Geometry is not perfect but close. Other than that your choices are the stock CJ / SCJ. You'll need to run guide-plates with all mentioned above.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just looking for a place to order replacements, I break them fairly often. 7500 and just over .600 lift too much for them.

·
Premium Member
5,557 Posts
If you are simply looking for shoe-type (D3VE) stamped steel rocker arms, I can sell you a few dozen (or whatever) from engine teardowns...say, $3.50 per shoe rocker, shipping included, 4 rocker minimum.

Call or PM if interested,

Paul

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The rockers aren't the worst to find, the fulcrums are the tough part. One that clear 7/16 stud.

·
Registered
93 Posts
TK460, I will check a source for you. I was in a resell shop in Duncan, Oklahoma about a year ago, and I could not believe the 460 stuff I found. They had tons of industrial 460 parts - power takeoffs that bolted to 460 blocks, a compressor head that turned one bank of a 460 into an air compressor, and huge bins of parts like rocker arms. Duncan had been the world headquarters of Haliburton; that stuff must have been surplus.

·
Premium Member
5,557 Posts
The rockers aren't the worst to find, the fulcrums are the tough part. One that clear 7/16 stud.
Ooooh boy, original steel Cobra Jet fulcrums for 7/16?

Set of 16 OEM CJ steel fulcrums for $250 + shipping...sorry 'bout that but I don't believe anyone makes 'em aftermarket and the restoration guys gladly pay that price.....

Paul

·
Premium Member
5,557 Posts
...the 460 stuff I found. They had...a compressor head that turned one bank of a 460 into an air compressor.
One of those came through the shop a month ago, I didn't get to see it before teardown but I understand it was the weirdest setup ever. :p

Paul

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Ooooh boy, original steel Cobra Jet fulcrums for 7/16?

Set of 16 OEM CJ steel fulcrums for $250 + shipping...sorry 'bout that but I don't believe anyone makes 'em aftermarket and the restoration guys gladly pay that price.....

Paul
Will the BBC fulcrums not fit the CJ rockers Paul? Or could the D0VE-C fulcrums be drilled for the 7/16 studs?

·
Premium Member
5,557 Posts
Will the BBC fulcrums not fit the CJ rockers Paul? Or could the D0VE-C fulcrums be drilled for the 7/16 studs?
D0VE-C ball fulcrums will not fit the SCJ rockers.

D3VE fulcrums are made from powdered metal and as TK460 noted above they don't hold up in severe duty....but they can be machined to work, usually in milder applications.

Paul

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
CRANE used to market a roller conversion for the stamped steel rockers. It was for the pedestal type. It could be possible to make new axles for these, that would take a 7/16 stud, but I think it would cost a bunch considering the material, heat treating, and grinding that would be required.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts