460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a stub axle for a 1976 D44 high boy axle. They are app 3/4" longer than the standard axle. Everything I have found is to short. This axle is out of a 1976 ford F250. Anybody have anyhting laying around? Thanks In advance.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have one out of my 77 highboy. I won't be able to go get it until this weekend. Where are you located?

-Jared

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am loacted in eastern Pa. Are sure that it is a from a high boy? I should measure about 11" from the center of the yoke to the end of the stub axle.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Yeah, it's still in the axle. I threw a u-joint cap on the passenger side and wrecked the inner and outer on that side. I ran into the same trouble you're having. The only shafts that will work for you are from 76 or 77 highboys. Jeff's bronco graveyard sells new ones for around $100 if you want to go that route. I found a 1979 60 front before I could find a replacement shaft, so I decided to part the 44 and sold the hubs and lockouts on e-bay. I still have both disk brake spindles and the good inner and outer driver side shafts.

-Jared

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
If you don't want to go used, besides JBG, you can give a call to Complete Offroad (completeoffroad.com) and they'll fix you up as well.

·
Registered
171 Posts
high boy axel complete

I have a complete dana 44 highboy front axel with 4.10 gears and heavy duty lockouts I would sell for $250.
Call Ron 330 466 8808
Orrville OH

·
Registered
33 Posts
Check the length on a stub shaft out of a Chevy K20... I think they work for 76 Fords. They were an oddball year and I think the brake rotors were a freak as well.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Syub shaft

I am looking for a stub axle for a 1976 D44 high boy axle. They are app 3/4" longer than the standard axle. Everything I have found is to short. This axle is out of a 1976 ford F250. Anybody have anyhting laying around? Thanks In advance.

Tex me a 1-541-404-5783 I belive I have what you are looking for.
Computer not working so good right now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts