460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as ive read on here previously of others having cracked/leaking timing covers, mine spews forth a steady flow of water above the fuel pump block off plate. yay for me. id read about aftermarket covers on here, does anyone know who i contact to get one? anyone got one? let me know, moneys burnin a hole in my pocket!!

·
Premium Member
5,551 Posts
Kyle,

We have freshly cleaned timing covers. YES, they have the front dipstick tube! They have been dipped overnight in a 55-gallon drum of carburetor cleaner, washed in an 8-foot tall parts washer, and then bead blasted so as to be fully cleaned and detailed. Many of them have the dead cavity exposed, but as you and others here already know this is a non-issue. Besides, no-one else I know sells new timing covers with the front disptick tubes.

At this time, our digital camera is down. This is the only reason I have not yet posted pics and/or an advertisement. Will borrow a camera from my Lady Lisa this weekend and try to get pics posted before the weekend is over.

Being that new timing covers cost about $75 + shipping on ebay (or about $90 total) w/o front disptick tube, we will intend to sell these "front dipstick tube timing covers" on ebay for about the same price, but will first offer them to forum members for $60. Stand by for pics or PM me if interested. We have quite a few but at this time we only have 6 or 7 fully prepped and ready to go.

Paul

1 - 2 of 2 Posts