460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some lightly worked Dove C heads for my 460. I don't really need valve springs, studs, or rockers as I already have those on some heads I have. I just am mainly looking for some bare castings (or with valves) that have been ported some, cleaned up a little, and some bigger valves. I figured it'd be cheaper for me to buy a set used from a guy that's upgrading to better heads and selling my bare castings, than get mine done from scratch.

Let me know what you've got, thanks!

·
Registered
989 Posts
I just bought a pair from a friend of mine because I thought I had crappy heads on my motor but turns out...I have good heads on my motor. These D0ve heads are complete. Can bolt them on. No surface rust, but some minor rust on the outer head near the exhaust ports..What you looking to spend? Shipping would be expensive too.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Back to the top, still looking for ported stock heads (c9, dove c, etc) with upgraded valve size. I know I requested some bare if possible, but I'll check out anything even if it's fully loaded. Let me know what you've got.

·
Registered
34 Posts
i have a set of dove heads ex ported intake bowl work done ferrea 2.225 intake 1.72 ex valves never used i will sell for $400 plus the shipping to you im in michigan

brad

·
Premium Member
5,565 Posts
...still looking for ported stock heads (c9, dove c, etc) with upgraded valve size. I know I requested some bare if possible, but I'll check out anything even if it's fully loaded. Let me know what you've got.
Working on 8 sets over here right now, and not all are spoken for. So I might be willing to sell you a set of unassembled ported castings; please call to discuss (too much to type) and then if you're interested in a pair I'll send you a written quote based on our discussions.

Paul

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bump to the top

Don't need springs or retainers, or guide plates. I just need the heads, screw in studs if you've got them, and with or without rockers as I might use my BBC roller rockers, however if you have a set of roller rockers with the heads, let me know.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have a set of ported (gasket matched, chambers polished, short-turn radius work, bowl blended, Thermactor hump and guide reshaped) DOVE-C's, fresh from the machine shop. Surfaced, flowed (295 CFM int., 180 exh.), with the same brand new Ferrea stainless valves as Bradlygt had in the post above. These have new valve springs, locks, retainers, plus guide plates and studs (yeah, I know you don't need half that stuff....)

I'm going to go with aluminum heads, so these are now for sale for just what I spent at the machine shop. You get the heads and port labor free! What a deal! $600 plus shipping.
I can send pictures also.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts