460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a set of big tube headers for a 64 Galaxie with a 460/C6 swap. I have a new set of big tube hooker SC's for a 70/71 torino with 385 series eng that I'd be willing to trade for the correct headers. Let me know what ya got.
Thanks, Jon

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump, talked to crites the other day, and header builder says they have a CJ style flange and the biggest tube they have is 2". I asked if they could make them with 2 1/8" to 3.5" collectors using some P51 flanges, if I supply the flanges. He said he'd have to ask the owner about it. I could see the price goin up on these!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
headers

I have 460 headers for a 64 galaxie for p51 heads they charged me and extra 50 bucks for the larger flanges. Very happy with how they turned out.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you go with 2" primary tube? Builder says he has dies up to 2 1/4", did you supply flanges or did they, and what was wait time? Thanks for your input, I appreciate it

·
Registered
437 Posts
I have Crites swap headers on my 57 Ford and the front tubes do hang pretty low, about 3 1/2" and that's with a 27" tall front tire.

If its a street car and your neighbourhood is anything like mine with speed bumps in every parking lot, school zone, etc. you may want to consider FPA's.

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB4QFjAA&url=http://www.fordpowertrain.com/fpaindex/headers2.htm&ei=xgb5VJS2C4_UoATg-YLgDA&usg=AFQjCNHKmdVqKDVihWyUjIgCrN5u3fbUYw&sig2=66NBX3zICdaG8uwJMyaKYg

·
Registered
26 Posts
headers

Did you go with 2" primary tube? Builder says he has dies up to 2 1/4", did you supply flanges or did they, and what was wait time? Thanks for your input, I appreciate it
2 and a 1/4 they supplied the flanges. Turn around was 2 weeks roughly.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok cool, roads in NC are pretty decent, they ought to be with all the damn taxes they stick to ya!!!! I'm gonna call crites back and order the big tubes, thanks for the pointers

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
prob not gonna sell the torino headers, I have two torinos and one has a BBF and the other will end up with one eventually. Not having much luck with getting crites to build mine to my spec, so I will prob end up making my own. Isn't there sombody on here that sells P51 header flanges with stubs?

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
I think I might have a set .I will check the condition.:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts